Instinet – Vice President, Senior Trading Operations Analyst - Technology, Hong Kong
- Highly competitive
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Sep 17
This is an exciting opportunity to get your hands dirty on managing Level 1 and Level 2 Support for one of Nomura’s fastest growing businesses. You will work closely with our customers, front line staff and technology team and you will be responsible for managing a small team within Hong Kong. Instinet Trading Operation group is responsible for our proprietary trading platform, exchange connectivity, client and trade floor support, and other traded related systems.
Nomura is an Asia-headquartered financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm practices disciplined entrepreneurship while building on a long tradition of serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.com.
As the agency-model execution services arm of the Nomura Group, Instinet Incorporated subsidiaries provide brokerage services to clients in over 65 markets around the world. Through its advanced suite of electronic trading strategies, experienced high-touch trading group, top-ranked Commission Management services, award-winning desktop trading platform, and unparalleled access to insightful analytics, content and unique liquidity, Instinet helps institutions lower overall trading costs and ultimately improve investment performance. For more information, please visit www.instinet.com.
Instinet Trading Operation group is responsible for our proprietary trading platform, exchanges connectivity, client and trade floor support, and other trading related systems. We are looking for a
highly motivated person to join our team based in Hong Kong for the Asia region.
- Lead a team to provide 1st level support, manage requests, prioritize actions and monitor trading environment
- Identify and diagnose issues within the trading environment
- Ensure effective and timely resolution on issues and clear communication with users
- Provide leadership, ownership on incident and analyze impact and provide regular updates to the business
- Provide application administration within includes but not limited to client report and configuration
- Liaise with stakeholders across the organization
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years work experience within a similar capacity
- Proven people leadership skills
- Ability to demonstrate strong application and system problem-solving skills
- Strong communication/trouble shooting skills with fluency in English
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a time and high pressured environment
- Highly self-motivated and good team player
Regional Disclaimers / Diversity Statement
Nomura is committed to an employment policy of equal opportunities, and is fundamentally opposed to any less favourable treatment accorded to existing or potential members of staff on the grounds of race, creed, colour, nationality, disability, marital status, pregnancy, gender or sexual orientation