Infrastructure Specialist (6-month contract)
- Hong Kong
- Contract, Full time
- CIMB Securities Limited
- 26 Sep 16
We are looking for a 6-month contractor who will primary help us to deliver a datacentre move and an office move within the next few months.The candidate will be expected to work in a very dynamic team of local experts and vendors to ensure the planning activity is as complete as possible,the implementations of the various phases are successful and well tested.He is also required to fulfill documentation requirement post the migration for future reference.Day to day support tasks shall be assigned and travel between offices should be expected and irregular working hours(including weekends)during the implementation of the project.
- Primary objective is to facilitate the office migration project (i.e. WAN, LAN, Firewall, DC, storage,
Wintel and Linux Servers etc) with our vendor partners and make sure :
- The desktop environment in the new site is set up as designed and intended.
- The setup is in working order for our business post migration.
- There is support for the business at each phase of the migration.
- To take stock exactly what assets will be moved across for the IT Department and then what has
- The working IT Environment is tested immediately post migration. If possible, make this process
as efficient as possible.
- Special working conditions covering shift work and/or weekend work.
- Some daily desktop support work shall be assigned to the individual where applicable.
- Rebuild PC via imaging software.
- Image new PC build for future use.
- Ensure our environment is compliant with Policies and Procedures.
- Respond to problems, investigate and resolve where received via service desk or directly from the user base.
- Provide support to users and coordinate with the appropriate internal/external/regional support units to resolve problems.
- Datacentre hardware maintenance co-ordination (2 sites)
- Software installation and productionalization.
- Escalate major issues to Senior IT Management.
- Setup IT equipment for meetings and events.
- Work with vendors for pre- & post-implementation activities.
- Updated desktop inventory list and the migrated office map.
- Products and tactical suggestions to minimize effort on migration testing.
- Stability post migration and also that our users are well supported.
- Satisfactory and promptly resolved audit logs: Datacentre visitor and access logs, Daily Checklist
log, Helpdesk service ticket log.
- Minimum 3 years relevant infrastructure experience or previous office migration experience (financial institutions preferable).
- Degree in Computing Science or other relevant disciplines.
- All rounded desktop technical skills in an enterprise Microsoft environment.
- Experience in trading related systems, WAN, LAN technologies, Firewall, Windows Server and Lotus Notes E-Mail system.
- Strong customer service focus and the ability to deliver quality support are critical to this role.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- Willing to learn, responsible, self-motivated, and capable of being critical at the task at hand and asking questions.
- Occasionally work in irregular hour.
- Good manner & positive working attitude, good communication, documentation, analytical skills and problem solving skills.
- Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese (Mandarin included).
- Must be attentive to detail, and proactive.