Infrastructure Software Engineer
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Societe Generale
- 20 Sep 17
Infrastructure Software Engineer
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
Our expertise in the Asia Pacific region ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Securities Services, Trade Finance and Cash Management Services. Leveraging on our formidable global footprint, we serve corporates, financial institutions and the public sector. With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong, we operate in 11 countries across Asia Pacific, employing over 6,600 employees. You can find us in Beijing, Seoul, Tokyo, Singapore, Mumbai, Sydney and other locations in the region.
At Societe Generale we have developed - and continue to develop - advanced programmes to support your career development. A diverse and comprehensive Learning & Development programme, a Junior programme for graduates and a Remuneration policy that stimulates your growth are just a few examples that illustrate how we help you to fulfill yourself personally and professionally, and how we develop your ability to adapt to ever-changing environments and transform challenges into opportunities.
Today, the Digital Transformation raises important challenges around IT Architecture, Infrastructure and Security. Many of these challenges are opportunities to imagine new experiences for our clients and new way to deliver IT services.
Within the Resources and Innovation division, GTS department plays a key role in the Digital Transformation. With more than 3500 GTS staff located across the world, GTS develops innovative projects while delivering operational excellence for infrastructure services to 148,000 employees and 32 millions external clients.
GTS staff motivation comes from the new technologies they deliver to enhance agility of the various business lines (Cloud, Big Data, Continuous Delivery)
You will be on boarded in the Telecom and Network team that develops and maintains the following services : Market Access Connectivity, WAN Connectivity, User connectivity and Datacenter network.
The team is composed of DevOps Network Administrator and Developers using Agile methodologies.
Candidate's mission is :
- Development of in-house API using modern Python Web framework, to improve the delivery of infrastructure services. Development is based on continuous delivery practices & pipeline relying on open source or market standard software. Pair programming for some critical tasks. Test-driven Development and Code Review experiences are important. Sprint pace is 2 weeks
- Identify and / or analyze problems and build automation to prevent problem recurrence with the goal of automating all non-exceptional service condition
- Operation of Infrastructure services and related code, involving release in production and direct L3 user support (internal users). Sometimes involve work during week-end
All application components are open source, we rely on community for support (no umbrella support).
Most underlying infrastructure components are coming from strategic vendors on the technology market (CISCO, ARISTA, FORTINET, JUNNIPER, CHECKPOINT).
Academic Background & Certifications, Experience
- University degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent with a post graduate degree being advantageous
- Experience working in a development team with minimum 3 developers
- Experience in Scrum development, Automated testing and main applicative design patterns
- Concrete and sizeable coding projects using Python 3.0 and Web Framework. Working experience with RESTful API is a must. Experience with OAuth and Front-end framework (Angular JS, Ember.js) is a plus
- Practice of software used in continuous delivery pipeline such as GitHub, Jenkins, XLDeploy, etc.
- Broad understanding of Fundamental Infrastructure Areas (Network, Operating Systems, Servers, Storage, DHCP, DNS, etc.)
- Knowledge of software related to Infrastructure Management and / or a past experience / background in Infrastructure Operation would be very advantage