Human Resources Manager
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank Of America / Merrill Lynch
- 18 Aug 17
Human Resources Manager
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 40 countries. In the U.S alone, we serve almost all Fortune 500 companies and approximately 59 million consumers and small-business customers. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 23 offices in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region's leading financial services companies.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining top diverse talent from across the globe. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to actively promote an inclusive work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve personal success and contribute to the growth of our business. Each of our global Employee Networks bring together employees, create dialogue and awareness in support of our Diversity and Inclusion.
This role will partner directly with our business leaders across support and control functions. You will provide a value added, efficient, consistent and proactive HR consultancy support to the line of business. The activities range from day to day operational assistance to implementation of critical HR initiatives.
This role is required to leverage HR resources effectively both regionally and globally in order to resolve enquiries /issues and deliver HR support to key stakeholders while assisting the Asia Pacific business and its strategy.
The successful candidate must be a strong, decisive, and collaborative results-oriented individual who can develop and manage relationships with a wide variety of partners based on trust, teamwork and knowledge.
Specific Responsibilities for this role:
- Provides input to the development of HR strategies that impact the LOB.
- Be an effective HR partner to support business growth, by providing efficient, consistent and proactive HR consultancy support to the ECF line of business. Ranging from day to day implementation of HR practices to involvement in critical business initiatives/projects.
- Develops and executes tactical plans at the business unit level to achieve strategic objectives
- Build sustainable partnerships with LOB managers to understand their business priorities and provide HR solutions that will deliver against the business objectives.
- Coach and consult with managers and/or employees on people related issues such as performance, terminations, career development, and talent management.
- Manage core HR processes and apply HR technical expertise to deliver superior results
- Prioritise tasks and manage multiple ad-hoc projects within the function
- In partnership with specialist functions, provide strategic advice & support on all HR related matters, including but not limited to recruitment and termination, performance management, learning & leadership development, compensation & benefits, HR policies review and implementation, employee relations and any other HR initiatives/projects.
- Collaborate with generalists across the Regions to ensure consistency of processes and sharing of best practices
- Act as first point of contact for ER issues and partner with ER on employee issues and coach and guide managers in these matters.
- Facilitate internal mobility across LOBs
- Any other ad-hoc HR assignment where necessary
Knowledge, Skills and Key Leadership Characteristics:
- Candidate must have a minimum of 6-8 years of HR experience, preferably from a Generalist role
- Prior experience in a Financial Services business (prefer previous investment banking experience/knowledge)
- Excellent client relationship skills. Able to forge strong relationships with business and HR leaders and be a visible HR representative.
- Experience in supporting a matrixed organisation with the ability to navigate within the country, region (APAC) and Globally
- Self starter with strong analytical skills and result oriented mindset, be able to handle complex issues independently
- Strong consulting, project management and process thinking abilities. Can plan, build and execute (often simultaneously)
- Strong team player work ethic in client management model, partnering with teammates and integrating tools and processes required to meet the needs of business and engage with all levels within the organization
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is an equal opportunities employer.
Posting Date: 31/03/2017
Location: HK--Hong Kong
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40