Hedge Fund of Fund Analyst (Operation / Investment)
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- MCP Asset Management Company Ltd
- 25 Sep 16
The MCP Group is an independent global asset management firm with group offices in Hong Kong, Chicago and Tokyo. As one of the oldest and largest alternative asset managers in Asia, we have been managing a broad range of global and Asian focused hedge fund related products since 2002. This is a Hedge Fund of Fund Analyst role and the candidate will be responsible for all aspects of business and operational due diligence as well as investment research on hedge funds across all strategies and regions with key responsibilities and qualifications summarized below:
- Help coordinate, prepare, and conduct onsite due diligence reviews on hedge fund to review both operational structure and investment process.
- Evaluate accounting, reporting processes and controls including cash management, valuation practices and NAV analyses.
- Review fund manager audited financial statements.
- Review third party vendor relationships, agreement terms and perform onsite reviews of certain providers.
- Obtain detailed understanding of counterparty exposures, financing terms and conditions and unencumbered cash.
- Review hedge funds’ legal documentation.
- Assess appropriateness of compliance procedures, regulatory reporting and examination results.
- Contribute to the overall operational risk measurement, monitoring, and reporting environments.
- Prepare operational/investment due diligence reports.
- Develop market intelligence and industry best practice by liaising with fund managers, administrators, valuation agents, non-executive directors, prime brokers, external auditors and attorneys.
- Work with investment team & business development team on both research and business projects.
- BA/BS required; CPA/CFA/CAIA desirable.
- 5 to 10 years of relevant financial services work experience (e.g. investment/operations due diligence functions, hedge fund credit risk research, fund accounting, operations or risk control).
- Strong understanding of hedge funds and financial/compliance regulations.
- Familiar with back and middle office operations and systems.
- Well-versed in securities valuation and pricing analysis.
- Understanding of risk management methodologies.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in English and Chinese (Mandarin & Cantonese).
- Self-starter with proven ability to multi-task.
- Timely in task completion.
- Ability to travel on regular basis.