Head of Compliance, Head of Finance
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Besteam Personnel Consultancy Limited
- 22 Sep 16
Our client, a leading & well-known Hong Kong financial services group, is looking for these roles:
Head of Compliance
- Advise line managers on legal issues relating to investment banking, fund management, securities and all related matters;
- Responsible for all legal documentation review before Management approval is sought;
- Handle litigation, and all matters under negotiation with the regulatory bodies or counterparties;
- Liaise with external lawyers on outsourced works; and
- Work with various departments on developing and modifying practices and procedures to conform to legal or regulatory requirements;
- A qualified lawyer with a minimum of 10 years’ post qualification experience;
- In depth knowledge on securities brokerage, asset management and investment banking matters;
- Experience in dealing with regulators;
- Familiar with the Securities & Futures Ordinance and FATCA;
- Good interpersonal and people management skills; and
- Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese (including Putonghua).
Head of Finance
- Responsible for developing and implementing financial strategy, planning and forecasts, to ensure good shape of financial and accounting system, financial robustness of the Company.
- To maintain timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of financial and management reporting for the Management.
- To ensure the proper company secretary records for the company.
- Studies, analyzes and reports on trends, opportunities for expansion and projection of future company growth.
- Oversee the Finance Department to ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems and function and to make sure maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
- Oversees all company Finance practices, including preparing budgets, financial reports, tax and audit functions.
- To coordinate audits and makes sure the proper filing of tax returns is handled in a timely manner.
- To liaise with banks for account maintenance and banking facilities.
- Be responsible for making sure all legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions are kept.
- Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the organization including: organizational revenue/expense and balance sheet reports, budget and other management reports, etc.
- Monitor daily and monthly FRR.
- University degree in Finance / Accounting with minimum 10 years’ post qualification experience mainly in finance industry particularly in wealth management and asset management
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
- Strong Financial and accounting analysis skills
- Strong ability to critically analyze and resolve Finance and operational issues
- Demonstrated sense of strategic thinking, big picture orientation, prudent risk taking, self-awareness and adaptability are required
- Ability to act with integrity at all times and maintain confidentiality of information
- Excellent communication, listening, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Excellent command of written & spoken English and Chinese