Global Markets FX IT Application Development Consultant, Assistant Vice President
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- State Street
- 27 Sep 16
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success. Our promise to
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street Global Markets FX Sales and Trading business is embarking on a multiyear strategic growth initiative which will focus in maximizing market share growth rate while expanding into new and emerging foreign exchange markets and products/services. As part of this growth strategy State Street Global Markets Technology is seeking talented Foreign Exchange (FX) IT professionals to join an already established team who will engineer the next generation of FX applications. Candidates will work closely with business users, developers and testers to build applications to support State Street’s FX electronic trading, sales trading, risk management trading and customer products such as StreetFX. Candidates with a track record for delivery and market experience developing solutions for foreign exchange trading and e-trading market participants will find opportunities to leverage their real life experience in a highly collaborative global organization.
The Application Development Consultant is a hands-on software development position, responsible for implementing the architectural vision for this new strategic initiative. The developer will work with small teams that identify and build core re-useable functionality, tools, and services. These components will enable new product development and integrations and bridge from current systems to the future state.
This developer will be an integral part of the FX Product Development Team responsible for developing, re-engineering and supporting one or more applications used by FX electronic trading, Sales trading, Risk management and Agency trading as well as customer facing products such as Street FX.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of Java programming experience, preferably working on low latency, high throughput, highly available distributed systems. Experience with modern dynamic and scripting languages a major plus.
- Experience working within a financial institution is a plus, but not required.
- Experience using and contributing to Open Source software is strongly preferred
- Strong analytical skills. The ability to receive and analyze requirements, and propose a suitable solution that adheres to the team’s methodology
- A history of delivering successfully within an Agile environment, and the flexibility and adaptability to operate successfully in such an environment
- Communication skills. The ability to communicate at the right level with all parties involved, including senior management, developers, architects, and end users, who may be based in different locations and time-zones.
- The ability to operate in a self-sufficient manner, but also identify the right time to raise queries or concerns.
- Experience coordinating the work of a small team of developers, potentially in different locations and time zones, taking ownership of a small to medium projects and running them from its inception to completion
- Experience in any of the following is highly desirable:
- Market adaptors (EBS, MAPI, Currenex, Hotspot etc)
- Messaging frameworks (JMS, MQ, Tibco, 29West etc)
- Linux / Bash scripting
- FIX protocol
- Relational databases (Oracle, Sybase)
- Development and build tools (GIT / Subversion / TeamCity / Nexus / Maven etc)