Digital Optimisation Specialist - Retail Banking and Wealth Management
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 25 Sep 16
Digital Optimisation Specialist - Retail Banking and Wealth Management
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves more than 50 million customers worldwide with a complete range of banking and wealth management services to enable them to manage their finances and protect and build their financial futures. It is a global business that brings together management responsibility for Retail Banking, Wealth Management, Insurance and Asset Management with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Digital Optimisation Specialist.
- Lead Digital Optimisation Operational activities within ASP Digital Centre of Excellence with primary responsibility of market planning and engagements and be the point of contact into the Global Platform Team.
- This position is a combination of evangelist, program manager, conversion rate, website and mobile optimisation specialist. The jobholder will work closely with providing operational insight, offering a pragmatic approach to Global Digital Teams and other global functions such as Analytics
- As the primary contact the role holder will be responsible for overseeing the day to day execution of testing programs, including the gathering, communication and documentation of project requirements, marketing consulting, data analysis and complex problem solving, while working closely with the global digital and analytics teams. The role holder will build and maintain exceptionally strong relationships advising them on how to apply quantifiable long-term, state of the art optimization strategies to their digital properties, including but not limited to A and B testing, multivariate testing, personalisation and content targeting.
- Lead the Optimisation Analysts in creating and managing reporting around planned activity, including pre- and post-test analysis that will support local entities and global business to reach specific targets.
- Central to ensuring that optimisation activity is underpinned by user centre design principles and can be efficiently scoped, designed, developed, deployed and measured, engaging the necessary resources as required
- Provide deep and or broad subject matter expertise and consultancy on Optimisation including education for in-market teams.
- Drive technology partners to improve optimisation capabilities
- Contribute to the development of optimisation Analysts through support and coaching in web analytics, reporting, optimization techniques in line with COE principles
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders including Group Digital, Global metrics team to standardize reporting and optimize channel performance.
- Lead definition and prioritisation of optimisation activity consulting with in country teams: identify current state; undertake analysis and requirements gathering, documentation, putting forward recommendations.
- Establish excellent working relationship with digital teams and the wider content requestors community across the business
- Influence technology partners to resolve and improve optimisation tools and technologies
- Lead governance process to support optimisation and reporting by creating global optimisation footprint
- Identifying key risks, issues and interdependencies and providing appropriate mitigation strategies or escalating as appropriate.
- Create operation governance structures within Digital Centre of excellence
- Identification of key risks, issues and interdependencies and providing appropriate mitigation strategies or escalating as appropriate
- Facilitate sharing of best practice across Digital Digital Centre of excellence supported Entities and with wider Digital community globally
- Adherence to Asia pacific and in country regulatory and compliance policies
- Ensure HSBC is not put at any operational or reputational Risk by sharing knowledge of, and adherence to, group, HSBC Technology Services and Centre of excellent processes, and necessary engagement with other group Functions where required to ensure change is created and delivered fit for purpose
- Ensuring that all HSBC Retail banking and wealth management services offer standout customer experience and fully deliver on our brand promise
- Provision of common global solutions while recognising that local regulations and customs will require the service to be tailored.
- Provide market leading, compelling digital services that can leverage our global scale and distribution network. With increased connections between our businesses around the world, the aim is to take us from a collection of locally orientated propositions to one global set.
- The role holder will be responsible for ensuring that the content resource pool can meet prioritised demand, across various portfolios
- The job holder must ensure the creation of one, modern bank, by supporting the creation of one IT infrastructure, refining and removing redundant processes and automating others to ensure we deliver the best possible customer experience The role holder is responsible for any interaction with the Digital Centre of Excellence, initiating and facilitating engagement and ensuring the Digital Centre of excellence is represented effectively and supports business areas effectively against pre agreed measures.
- Primary interactions will be with two broad groups for example within the Digital Centre of excellence Team itself, including regional Digital Centre of Excellence, and with Global and in country Business and Project Teams.
- The jobholder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer.
- Experience with AB Testing and Multivariate Testing solutions
- Experience with personalisation projects or programs an advantage
- Strong quantitative skills and familiarity with statistical analysis or experiment design
- Proven program, project management experience and understanding of client business needs
- Ability to produce clear concise technical documentation
- Working knowledge of Webtrends and Cognos or relatable MI and analysis tools
- Subject Matter Expertise of channel, including technical, commercial, market place and customer considerations.
- Strong Commercial focus, ability to balance risks vs. rewards and maximize the cost effectiveness and profitability for the business
- Pragmatic decision making skills, with the ability to make clear judgments based on a range of factors, for example commercials, risk, and customer experience; determine the implications and make recommendations as needed
- Outstanding communication skills, with the ability to tailor messages and deliverables to stakeholders of all levels, both internally and externally, to explain complex or technical issues
- Innovative with the ability to approach things differently or do different things to deliver goals
- To have a clear high level view and understanding of the Multi-Channel and Digital strategies and regional sales and servicing plans
- Respectful of different cultures, working with colleagues from across all 5 regions like, North America, Latin America, Middle East, Asia Pacific and Europe
- High levels of resilience and self motivation
- Strong performance management and team development skills
- The ability to quickly understand customer and operational considerations
- Strong understanding of banking and or HSBC as an advantage and understanding of how change drives benefits for HSBC, its customers and other stakeholders
- Experience in both the developed and emerging markets
- University Bachelors Degree
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.