- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Susquehanna Pacific Pty Ltd
- 27 Sep 16
At SIG we realise that our Infrastructure is the cornerstone to our success. An opportunity exists for a Technical Systems Specialist to join the Infrastructure services team in Sydney. This role involves helping to manage all the various technology components that make up the SIG environment. This will include the Desktop, Phones, Networking, Linux and Windows infrastructure that is used for both trading and office functions within the Hong Kong office and the Asia Pacific region.
This role will report directly to the Infrastructure Services Manager in Sydney. The Infrastructure team works very closely with the other technology teams in Sydney and the USA, in providing fast and efficient solutions to the business needs.
Five Reasons to Join SIG's Infrastructure Team:
- You will be responsible for deployment and support of Desktop hardware (Phones, Desktops and Screens).
- You will support Desktop applications (Microsoft Suite) and Trading applications.
- You will provide 1 st level support for Networking, Compute and Telephony infrastructure.
- You will assist engineering teams in Sydney & Hong Kong where needed.
What we're looking for
- 2+ years' experience in Desktop Support.
- Experience in troubleshooting complex issues quickly and efficiently.
- Experience with Windows, Linux or UNIX, SCCM and AD.
- Experience with Telephony systems including Blackberry BES and ActiveSync.
- Understanding of Networking (DHCP, routing, proxy's and firewalls etc).
- Prefer experience with Bloomberg, Reuters, low latency network links and other trading technologies.
- Prefer experience with Storage and Database Technologies (EMC, NetApp, Oracle, Sybase etc.)
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.