Credit Officer - Hedge Fund Coverage
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS AG
- 20 Sep 17
Are you independent and self-driven? Do you have sharp analytic skills? We're looking for someone like that who can:
- work closely with Business colleagues in the two divisions (Wealth Management & Investment Banking), as well as with Group Risk Control peers from different teams in different locations, to actively manage portfolio risk
- interact directly with clients to obtain relevant information to complete credit requests and review credit exposures and risk appetite
- evaluate counterparty credit risk based on an understanding of the counterparty's risk management techniques, trading strategies, and infrastructure, as well as a number of other quantitative and qualitative measures of credit worthiness (This may include client due diligence visits)
- determine requirements for trading, collateral and security documentation, and be able to lead GRC responses on documentation negotiation
- evaluate transactional risks associated with trading activities across the Prime Brokerage, Fixed Income, Equities, Foreign Exchange business groups and Wealth Management Lombard Financing
- prepare, as well as review and approve, written counterparty annual reviews/transactional credit proposals drawing conclusions relating to credit assessment, risk appetite, exposure drivers and business prospects
- monitor counterparty credit quality and drivers of portfolio credit exposure, on a continual basis
- hold a delegated personal authority (within experience, and with regards to risk-based limits) to approve one-off transaction requests (or make appropriate recommendations to higher authority holders). This would include setting initial margin requirements, and managing communication flows with Business or GRC colleagues.
- ensure all risks are understood and mitigated through diligent transaction structuring, conditions are monitored according to the agreed parameters and margin calls are enforced in a timely manner
- perform ad hoc special project works and change initiatives relating to the IB and WM portfolios
- supervise more junior team members and support them in their day-to-day responsibilities
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Credit Risk Control (CRC) is a specialist team of credit officers within Global Risk Control (GRC). The team is responsible for assessing, approving and monitoring the creditworthiness of Asia based Hedge Funds and North Asia Wealth Management clients, including Global Family Office clients. The Team applies a structured and organized approach to balance the clients' needs and the Bank's risk appetite and risk return.
The position will engage with both Investment Banking and Wealth Management businesses across the counterparty set, and reports jointly into respective GRC senior management.
Product focus includes Prime Brokerage, OTC Derivatives, Repos, Exchange Traded Derivatives, Structured Lending, Wealth Management Investment Products and Lombard Loans, etc.
Your experience and skills
- at least 10 years professional experience in a credit role (particularly in hedge fund coverage, securities financing, and/or wealth management structured lending)
- excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate directly and professionally with clients and internal peers is of critical importance to the role
- a strong quantitative background and understanding of risk measurement approaches such as potential future exposure, Value-at-Risk, and Stress Testing
- a knowledge and understanding of financial markets and a breadth of trading and lending products
- experience with due diligence and analysis of the financial condition of hedge fund counterparties and secured lending borrowers
- experience dealing with collateral analysis and credit risk is desirable
- an ability to analyze credit exposure related to existing trade positions and proposed transactions
- familiarity with common trading documentation, particularly ISDA/CSA, Prime Brokerage and Clearing Agreements
- a track record of having previously exercised credit authority would be preferred
- able to work under pressure and demonstrate effective time management and planning skills
- a team player with strong interpersonal skills to establish trustworthy relationships with internal peers, client advisers and senior management
- ideally fluent in multiple languages - English (fluent verbal and strong English writing skills), Cantonese and/or Mandarin is desirable
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.