Contract Implementation Manager (Req: 10333BR)
- Hong Kong
- Contract, Full time
- Wells Fargo Bank
- 19 Sep 16
We are looking for a high caliber candidate to join the team in the following key position: Contract Implementation Manager (Req: 10333BR)
Wells Fargo & Company is a diversified financial services company providing banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance. We’re headquartered in San Francisco, California, with offices from coast to coast in the U.S. and overseas — and strategic relationships with more than 3,000 banks around the world.
Our international division truly spans the globe, with a combined workforce of more than 2,700 dedicated team members and more than 30 overseas offices. Through our coast-to-coast U.S. presence, overseas offices in strategic Locations, and technology platforms, we provide our clients the direct and on-the-ground support they need to effectively manage all their global business in 130 countries.
Through a recent global acquisition, Asia is going through a significant business expansion resulting in a complex infrastructure, platform, application and overall technology integration program over the next 12 to 18 months, with heavy overlap and engagement with the rest of the APAC and North America/Europe regions.
The International Technology Services team - APAC, as part of the Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) organization, is responsible for providing regional technology support and act as the single point of contact for all technology products and services to the international regions including APAC, EMEA and LATAM. The APAC region of this department is based in Hong Kong and supports all regional sites across Asia.
APAC Technology Services functions include providing end to end technology services & working with senior business leaders to create and/or identify business and technology strategies for Wells Fargo businesses operating internationally. Responsibilities include managing strategic activities to develop, implement, and maintain stable technology environment that meets current and anticipated business objectives. Provides innovative technology solutions, integrated products and service options to support the business strategies. Recommends alternatives to improve cost-effectiveness, increased revenue, and delivery stable service. APAC region is currently going through significant headcount growth and will be expanding its real estate foot print within Asia.
In order to support this effort the local technical project/implementation manager will work with the regional project team to support the delivery of the respective expansion activities and end-to-end technology deliverables that include direct business engagement, application integration, infrastructure integration, end user computing solutions and management, facilities build-out and working with North America based program leads within architecture, application and project teams. This will include collaboration with local technology partners, domain teams within the US and our corporate business partners.
This is a hands-on, fully involved technical project management position. The role will span across all technology disciplines and deliverables, as well as facilities and data center build-out type involvement.
In addition to the Asia Expansion program, this contract position will also support the regional project team, in APAC in various IT projects, US driven technology remediation programs and regional relocation and expansion efforts that are being undertaken in APAC.
- Act as the single point of contact/project manager for all technology components of the Asia expansion program. Assist regional and US project team with the delivery of the Asia expansion project related end to end technology deliverables.
- Partner with stakeholders (internal and external) and drive decisions to ensure proper strategy, planning, alignment, integration and visibility. Influence senior leaders to balance competing priorities.
- Provide hands on support for the execution of the expansion projects.
- Ability to work flexible hours (role requires heavy engagement with US teams and attending US calls) and required weekends to support migration & transition efforts.
- Help to develop most optimal business aligned solutions and technology products with cost, quality, innovation and time-to-market in mind.
- Detailed, structured and timeline driven project execution and technology delivery.
- Support the Identification of technical requirements, information gathering and deliverables.
- Coordinating with various technical teams and support partners (Facilities, data center management, information security, risk and compliance) to ensure successful delivery.
- Document details at a technical level and communicate deliverables with the project team and domain partners.
- Maintain visibility on day-to-day activities with project teams and ensuring sufficient face-time with key stakeholders.
- Stakeholder management and status/project reporting.
- Assist with Budgeting and financial forecasting.
- Provide Support and guidance and advice to LOB and domain partners as part of the project.
- Degree of travel required within Asia and other regions based on project needs.
- Deep as well as broad technology knowledge with 8+ years of experience across a range of core technology disciplines.
- 5+ years of end-to-end technology project management experience.
- Experience with relocation, integration and expansion projects with heavy focus on technology deliverables.
- Experience with requirement gathering and ability to write high quality technical documentation and technology proposals.
- Experience within software/application integration.
- Strong attention to detail and proven organizational skills as well as proven ability to manage situations appropriately.
- Financial experience with budget management and forecasting.
- Experience in stakeholder management.
- Experience with technology infrastructure and its delivery components.
- Experience communicating with managers at various levels and different geographic locations across the globe, project managers, project participants, systems analysts, and programmers.
- Experience working independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to respond to requests with urgency and manage changing priorities.
- Advanced knowledge/experience with MS Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and use of SharePoint.
- Ability to matrix manage technical team members.
- Strong communication (both written and spoken) and people management skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently when provided with high level direction.
Candidates with the following experience will be given priority:
- Demonstrable experience in banking or similar complex/large-scale environment with application/platform support and/or solution/design and technology architecture knowledge.
- Experience with technology infrastructure, IT Facility build-out and telecommunications/networks.
Please submit your application online via our website at https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/international/ by entering the Requisition ID above for job search.
Search International Jobs > Continue > Search Openings (Type the Requisition ID in the Auto req ID box) > Search
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Applications received will be kept confidential and used for employment purposes only. Applicants who are not contacted within 8 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. The Bank will retain their applications for a maximum of one year and may refer suitable applicants to other vacancies within the Bank.