Client Service Manager - Securities Services
- Location: Hong Kong
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Standard Chartered is a leading international banking group committed to building a successful and sustainable future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve. With 1,700 branches and offices in 68 markets in Asia, Africa and the Middle East, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities to over 89,000 employees.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
* Primary point of contact / escalation for external clients in terms of providing solutions, enquiries, complaints, resolving of discrepancies and transactional errors.
* Ensure the provision of the highest standards of client service in response to client enquiries and complaints in order to deliver best in class client service.
* Ensure incidents are managed and resolved in a timely manner. Actively engage with internal stakeholders and support functions to overcome obstacles in resolution of incidents while providing timely updates to client and internally on progress made.
* Maximize the GEMS work tool to gain efficiency in directing and resolving client queries along with incident escalation protocol.
* Proactive client engagement and regular "pulse checks" for premier clients through due diligence visits, service reviews, proactive communication of market news, deeper understanding of clients' need end-to-end, questionnaires completion, RFP, etc.
* Use GEMS incident user interface to ensure client complains are logged timely and accurately for auto-system escalation communications to the appropriate senior management levels responsible to ensure full resolution of client issues and regularly update client on progress if the issue is taking longer than expected.
* Maintain a professional and positive SCB image through all interactions with clients.
* Continually identify opportunities to improve client efficiency and performance, through e.g. optimizing channel usage, identifying service improvements, product solutions, and cross-sell opportunities.
Qualifications and Skills
* Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
* Good Influencing and negotiating skills at senior levels.
* Strong communications (both written and spoken) skills
* Ability to deliver consistent results under pressure and beyond standard working hours
* Detailed orientated, team player, takes end to end ownership, drive for results to support/grow the business, sustain intensity & optimism while focusing on delivering excellent service to clients.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers and business partners
* Comfortable with direct client and business partners interaction, with proven client interaction abilities
* Must be client focused
* Excellent interpersonal skills and positive attitude
* Able to work against competing priorities from various clients and manage sound delivery
* Core understanding of client requirements and how to deliver on banking solutions
* Acts in a way that improves the client experience and creates better service
* Works collaboratively with contacts through pragmatic approach to solutioning and problem solving where required
* Takes responsibility for providing support, advice and service
* Possess skill, ability, experience and confidence to navigate the Bank and business partners to ensure servicing client requests are completed on time
* Ability to present ideas and information effectively in group settings
* Excellent analytical, problem solving, and time management skills
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 30 Jun 17. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.