Clearing Operations Officer
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 06 Sep 16
Please view Job Description for details.
Standard Chartered is a leading international banking group committed to building a successful and sustainable future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve. With 1,700 branches and offices in 68 markets in Asia, Africa and the Middle East, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities to over 89,000 employees.
1. Assist to plan, direct and control the operations of the Electronic Items Operations in order to deliver a low cost and hgih quality services to both internal and external customers.
2. Assist to constantly review current workflow and practice and analyze customer requirements to identify improvement opportunities, initiate procedure streamlining, process, re-engineering and rationalization to maximize productivity and resource utilization and improve service quality.
3. Participate in product or system development to ensure deliverable meet user requirements.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
1. To administer and supervise the running of the Section to achieve a smooth workflow, high quality services and pleasant working environment.
2. To assist reviewing and enhancing the Business Processing Applications and working procedure to improve both efficiency and high quality service are delivered to our internal and external customers and ensure they are in compliance with Management guidelines, applicable regulatory guidelines and Operating Manuals.
3. To ensure full deployment of human resources within the Section by recruitment, training, manpower planning and development of the staff to the full extent
4. To cascade the service quality concept to all staff so as to enhance the quality of delivered service on Payroll Service Hotline.
5. To ensure customers' enquires and complaints are handled in a responsive and professional manner. Both written and verbal, is handled accordingly to the service quality standards (acknowledgement to customers within 24 hours and settlement of case within 48 hours)
6. To assist to manage the product and system development process to ensure project is on schedule, features are aligning with requirement and implementation is smooth
7. To provide operation supports to all counterparties and departments
8. To liaise with other divisions, departments and branches on all matters relating to the Section work and ensure a smooth operation flow is continuously maintained.
9. To promote the risk awareness in daily operations among team members.
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree holder
- Solid experience in banking operations with solid supervisory experience
- Sound knowledge in electronic clearing / payroll processing / branch operations
- Participation in system enhancement or business initiative projects are preferred
- Sound analytical skills and can work under pressure
- Good English written skills and able to communicate confidently in English / Mandarin
- Well versed with Microsoft Office, Macro is a plus
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 09/30/2016. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.