Cash Equities Electronic Trading Architect
Does keeping up to date on advancements in electronic trading excite you? Can you think strategically? Are you an ace developer? We're looking for someone like that who can:
- take accountability for the technical design of new implementations across software and infrastructure
- work with Traders and Desk-Heads to refine ideas and understand options, bringing fresh ideas and an innovative approach to a constantly evolving problem space
- provide deep-dive feedback on the capability and quality of existing implementations
- review project plans, developer estimates, testing coverage and approach
- partner with development teams to validate both requirements and implementation proposals
- analyze risk of existing implementations and vendor product evaluation
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
You'll be working in a new global Strategic Platform Architecture Governance team within our global cash equities electronic trading unit. The main focus of our team will be to supervise and direct the technology our business depends on. To do this, we'll partner with IT to improve our technology and maximize our return in its investment, as well as provide technical advice to business leaders on the future evolution of the execution platform.
Your experience and skills
- a confident, self-starter who enjoys a steep and diverse learning curve and who's comfortable establishing yourself as technically credible
- willing and able to work with existing solutions or legacy constraints, but also when appropriate challenge the established solutions in a constructive manner
- comfortable being accountable for technical decision-making and guidance of high-volume, mission-critical in-house platforms
- a strong developer, ideally with a proven track record in Java/C++ (other languages like c#/web also considered), Linux/Unix, HPC, Networking and DB/analytics tools
- able to energize and engage a target audience with diverse technical abilities
- comfortable working in a global context, skilled at building consensus for what meets long-term interests
- an understanding of the full application lifecycle: production support (alerting, monitoring, incident management), deployment, testing and general SDLC (Agile experience useful)
- familiarity with the cash equities or electronic trading businesses, ideally with expertise in one or more of trading, post-trade, reference-data and analytics
- working knowledge of emerging technical trends and enjoy working with new or novel technologies
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer talented people around the world a supportive, stimulating and diverse working environment. We'll value your passion and commitment. And reward your performance.
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.