COO Technology - Service Management Analyst - Associate
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Deutsche Bank APAC
- 28 Sep 16
COO Technology - Service Management Analyst - Associate
Our technology teams are responsible for the Bank's entire information technology ("IT") infrastructure, and the development, implementation, and protection of the software required to support all of the Bank's businesses. We move over EUR 1.6 trillion across the Bank's platforms, support thousands of trading desks, and enable millions of banking transactions, share trades and emails every day.
With award-winning mobile banking apps and trading systems, our technology platforms help Deutsche Bank deliver high quality products to clients. Naturally, we make sure that the phones work, emails are delivered and PCs run - but we also develop collaboration platforms and workspaces that help our people share their knowledge, expertise and passion for our business.
Developments in technology are changing the way we communicate, work and think. Join us here, and you'll constantly be looking ahead. We'll look to you to capitalize on new technological trends that can reshape our business and deliver value for our clients, whilst still meeting the demands of customers, regulators and the markets.
Our team provides an end-to-end Support service for Equity Trading applications and users in APAC, including Portfolio Trading, Cash trading and electronic (low-touch) applications. Interacting and working alongside the middle office, developers, business analysts and infrastructure teams, the role also involves working with front office teams on the trading floor in APAC. Being at the fore front of supporting the applications the team members have high exposure to and work with the Front to Back Business teams on a daily basis within a fast paced dynamic environment.
The role offers the chance to take a high profile role providing proactive and reactive support to the Equities business and its clients whilst working closely with development and product management teams. The role particularly focuses on the program and cash trading area of the equity trading business across over 16 APAC exchanges, including connectivity and market data. The candidate will also be expected to contribute to and lead projects based on the core production management work streams such as stability programs like ZIP (Zero Intervention Production). They will also have the opportunity to be involved in onboarding applications into the production environment and working with the global teams on transformational projects and interesting strategic initiatives. Opportunities to build cross organizational relationships through leading projects on behalf of the team.
Role Responsibilities and Tasks
- Incident management - business and technology communication, coordination and resolution of incidents, from external issues such as exchange problems to internal application bugs impacting the production environment
- Exposure and reconciliation for incidents
- Problem management - Post incident review ensuring that the issue has been permanently resolved and what value add items can be completed to ensure the issue does not reoccur
- Investigations into DMA, PT/Cash order behaviour with queries directly from the business and external clients
- Technical queries and compliance/audit reporting
- Compilation of trade data for business requestors (Compliance, desks)
- Drive an operational environment for front office business applications from daily operational tasks, incident & problem management, change and new application / service on boarding; ensuring a stable operating environment for the applications.
- Morning checks - in conjunction with offshore teams ensuring system readiness for the start of the trading day
- Monitoring - use and continual improvement to the main monitoring tool
- Preparation for market events such as MSCI rebalance day
- Release management - being the gatekeepers for the production environment, ensuring all change is understood and scheduled appropriately
- Deployments - binary and config changes to the trading systems after market close
- Market Rehearsal / DR Drill - perform weekend testing for MRs and DRs.
- Close monitoring of the system during trading phases and market events following stability processes put into place
- Latency / capacity monitoring implementation
- Stability initiatives and operational excellence within environment
- Focus on transformational project work across the wider global markets organization
- Opportunities to develop leadership competencies on stability and operational excellence programmes
You will have: (Skills/Experience)
- 3+ years working experience in financial institution or vendor house in providing equity trading solution and dealing with business users on support or requirement gathering (Front Office users support experience is desirable)
- Getting things done in large organizations - understanding of where to use processes and how to build and operate a network
- Self sufficient drive and ability to work round blockers in a sustainable manner
- Work across countries, regions and time zones with a broad range of cultures and technical capability
- Good prioritization skills, with the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and excellent problem solving abilities
- Strong technical skills to interpret information from our trading systems
- APAC Market specific trading knowledge will be an advantage
- Previous experience with cash equities trading system support and knowledge of the trade life cycle is desirable
- Experience with using UNIX, Linux, Wintel, Perl/Shell scripting, Excel and VBA as well as ability to write SQL to extract and patch data in Sybase and Oracle databases
- Experience with web programming (html, JSP, CGI, python), Java, C++ is a plus
You will be: (Skills/Competencies)
- A strong team player, and able to work in a global organization
- A Computer Science or MIS degree holder (Additional qualifications in financial field is desired)
- A fluent English speaker
- Proactive and able to work independently
Deutsche Bank offers a challenging and rewarding career where your contribution is valued and rewarded. We have an inclusive and friendly working environment coupled with excellent facilities and benefits.
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.