COO Technology - Client Services Manager - VP
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Deutsche Bank APAC
- 28 Sep 16
COO Technology - Client Services Manager - VP
Our technology teams are responsible for the Bank's entire information technology ("IT") infrastructure, and the development, implementation, and protection of the software required to support all of the Bank's businesses. We move over EUR 1.6 trillion across the Bank's platforms, support thousands of trading desks, and enable millions of banking transactions, share trades and emails every day.
With award-winning mobile banking apps and trading systems, our technology platforms help Deutsche Bank deliver high quality products to clients. Naturally, we make sure that the phones work, emails are delivered and PCs run - but we also develop collaboration platforms and workspaces that help our people share their knowledge, expertise and passion for our business.
Developments in technology are changing the way we communicate, work and think. Join us here, and you'll constantly be looking ahead. We'll look to you to capitalize on new technological trends that can reshape our business and deliver value for our clients, whilst still meeting the demands of customers, regulators and the markets.
With over 80,000 employees and offices in 72 countries, Deutsche Bank is committed to being the best financial services provider in the world. An aspirational employer with the platform to lift careers to the next level, we foster a diverse, inclusive environment that encourages new ideas. An outstanding opportunity now exists for a talented professional to join our award winning team.
With approximately 24,000 professionals, Group Technology & Operations (GTO) is the largest entity of Deutsche Bank, offering operational excellence, IT agility and logistical precision with a full range of services and products.
The technology specifically provides the connectivity between global capital markets, the regulatory environment and our clients, serving the five Deutsche Bank´s business divisions and the bank´s 53 different businesses around the world in the ever-increasing demand for computer power, insight into market and financial information. GTO supports the Bank of being present in around 40 capital markets and 72 countries, right around the clock.
Global Technology, part of Group Technology & Operations, is the technology division of Deutsche Bank, comprising of 7,000 internal and 12,000 external employees. GT provides the IT services and solutions that enable Deutsche Bank to support its clients and employees around the globe. GT manages the Bank's IT infrastructure, including data centres, global voice and data networks, end-user IT (e.g. desktops, printers), collaboration platforms (e-mail, social media, instant messaging, videoconferencing, mobile devices) and web services, as well as the protection of the Bank's IT systems from cyber threats. GT Production, a division of Global Technology (GT) is responsible for the deployment, running and production control of all of the Bank's software and hardware landscape, operating and monitoring the run time environment while continually optimising efficiency and control.
Role / Responsibilities
The core function of Client Services is to act as the primary face of GT Production to many internal and external users of our services across the globe. Client Services fosters solid and meaningful partnerships with customers and service providers which is the key to the improvement of technology delivery for the benefit of the clients.
Successful candidates will join a team that supports a complex set of business applications and is the interface for all of Deutsche Bank's front, middle and back office client facing and trading businesses. Working with other technology colleagues including those in infrastructure and application development teams your role will be to ensure the stable running of the technology platform. This includes liaising with business users and managing a complex technology plant. Colleagues across Global Technology and our clients are based in key locations across regions and time zones. The role offers the chance to take a high profile position providing proactive and reactive support to the Equities business and its clients whilst working closely with development and product management teams. They are also expected to be able to translate technical details in to business semantics and vice versa. This is an excellent opportunity to influence service delivery to Deutsche Bank's clients during a phase of focused investment and growth for this business.
This role will support equities trading processing. A strong understanding of equities trading and settlement processing business is essential.
- Manage relationship to the key stakeholders within Global Markets Operation
- Prepare and deliver performance / service delivery reports and review them with senior stakeholders
- Act as initial escalation contact for our stakeholders
- Constantly drive improvements in the service we provide to clients through innovation, specialization, delivery-focus and strong partnership with the rest of the GT Production organization and our GT peers such as Application Services..
- Engage with our internal service providers within GTP (Incident / Problem Management, Knowledge Management, Application Operations etc.) and GT Peers to further improve service quality and stability
- Engage in tactical and strategic programs to address GT Production needs but also ensure GT Production deliverables which are required for the success of the programs.
- Participant in the Change Management process
- Authorising changes to the environment
- Engage in 24 hrs follow the sun model with CS teams based in APAC, Europe and the US
- Proactively monitor and ensure customer satisfaction, soliciting feedback for service improvement plans
- Actively pursue service improvements and efficiencies in the applications / processes that lead to increased production stability and customer satisfaction, respectively
- Monitor service performance confirming adherence to OLA and verifying plans exist to address deviations
- Ensure the production support program complies with all relevant DB policies and guidelines
- Facilitate better preparedness for the Production Services team for each business specific audit, compliance and regulatory reviews
Experience | Knowledge
- A proven track record in application or/and service management is required for a minimum 5 year period in a large corporate environment (investment bank preferred)
- Strong communication / relationship management skills
- Capability to interact successfully in a virtual, multi vendor and multi cultural environment
- A strong understanding of equities trading and settlement processing business is essential.
- Strong knowledge in banking (middle & back office) and understanding of banking processes
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to operate at Director level with business and IT management
- "Change Agent", ability to obtain results through influence
- Understanding of the underlying concepts of GT Production (ITIL)
- Proficient with MS Office suite
Education | Certification
- Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration in an IT related discipline
- ITIL certifications a plus, not required
Deutsche Bank offers a challenging and rewarding career where your contribution is valued and rewarded. We have an inclusive and friendly working environment coupled with excellent facilities and benefits.
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.