Assistant Manager, Trade Transaction Owner
- Location: Hong Kong
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Standard Chartered is a leading international banking group committed to building a successful and sustainable future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve. With 1,700 branches and offices in 68 markets in Asia, Africa and the Middle East, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities to over 89,000 employees.
To work with Senior Manager to manage and control over day-to-day operations to ensure that the Bank's policies, operational guidelines are adhered to by team memebers and Global Business Services
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Processing transactions in Trade Port prescribed products accurately and efficiently in accordance with the customer instructions and according to the banks operational instructions to protect both the customers and Bank's interest.
- Pre-process trade transactions according to the laid down procedures and standard of service.
- Understand fully the Service Level Agreement (SLA)- offered to customers
- Build up good relationship with all internal customers, i.e. good team work within the country team/unit.
- Understand the risks associated with Products Processing and ensure that they are minimized.
- Understand the Banks operational risk standard underlying operating process and follow them carefully.
- Where necessary to maintain good customer relationship by responding promptly, accurately and courteously to enquiries, or request for advice relative to new or outstanding transactions.
- Strictly comply with:
Qualifications and Skills
- Experienced on checking of documents under Letter of Credit
- PC skills
- Basic Forex Knowledge
- Good knowledge of import / export documentation
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.