Analyst, Global Markets
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Societe Generale
- 21 Aug 17
Analyst, Global Markets
SG CIB is the Corporate and Investment Banking arm of the Société Générale Group. Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia. SG CIB provides corporate, financial institutions, investors and public sector clients with value-added integrated financial solutions.
SG CIB is a leading player in Derivatives and provides global services in this domain. SG CIB launches a significant part of the structured products sold in Europe, in the United States and in Asia.
This position will serve as a liaison between the Marketing Team and the Sales / Engineers desks. The marketer will evolve on a trading floor designing and marketing financial products in Asia, linked to any asset class.
Typical tasks and day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Designing, developing and producing detailed commercial presentations, term sheets, economic studies, and other marketing materials for distribution to clients and/or potential investors
- Answering request for proposals
- Production of marketing brochures for Retail Funds in cooperation with sales, including simulations of investment scenarios and product performance analysis
- Liaising with Legal and Compliance department to develop and maintain Asian compliant marketing and sales documents
- Liaising with external vendors to facilitate marketing needs, including distribution and creative designs
- Timely production of contributed articles for Retail distribution
- Strategic market watch and Competitive analysis on various structured product markets in Asia (data analysis & statistics, build market awareness and knowledge of the dynamic financial world, competitors' new releases and new developments)
- Acts as a webmaster, administrating website and undertake website evolution for the Fund platform
This position is at the crossroads of many different services: link between clients, sales people, financial engineers and Sales team. It includes contact with other departments (Marketing, Engineers and Sales worldwide).
Requirements for this position
- Fluency in English is mandatory (in particular written); an additional Asian language would be a plus
- Academic excellence is a prerequisite (MBA, Financial Engineering, IT, Economics), but we also look for analytical ability, leadership, organizational and business development skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong Financial & Mathematic skills are required
- Ability to manage complex processes dealing with multiple internal and external resources
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word) and VBA
- Good communication skills necessary to interact with Sales and Engineers on the floor