AVP, Production Support (Futures and Options)
- AUD0.00 per annum
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan McKinley Hong Kong
- 27 Sep 16
Our client is a US leading Investment Bank looking for a proactive and switched on candidate with over 5 years in front office support with knowledge in derivatives and F&O particularly as an advantage.
This individual will be joining a regional team whose primary focus will be providing front line support for Futures and Options Trading and related Direct Market Access and Algorithm and High Frequency Trading platforms for all of Asia.
* Join a regional based team responsible for ensuring the smooth running of production F&O trading globally
* Provide day-to-day application support to front-office trading systems, which includes monitoring all kinds of high-touch, low-touch and co-location flows, answering user queries, monitoring applications, release of changes to production environment and post-release checking
* Located on the trading floor. Interact closely with regional and global business users (traders and operations staff) and other groups in Technology to ensure issues are addressed and communicated in a timely manner.
* Troubleshoot production issues to identify root causes and track issues to their completion
* Work closely with developers and business analysts to plan system rollout and application updates, provide feedback on production system performance, and investigate production problems and identify solutions.
* Manage serious outages in production by interfacing between business, developers, infrastructure teams and management. Main tasks include: provide communication, take remedial actions to resolve outage, provide information to business to alleviate knock-on impact, work on post-mortem and follow-up actions for root cause identification, recurrence prevention, and any improvement in problem detection and resolution.
* Candidates should be prepared to work out of normal business hours on a rota basis such as on weekends, or early morning shifts according to business needs
* 3+ years working experience in a similar role
* Educated to degree level in engineering or science discipline
* Have experience in doing IT support in investment banking environment
* Good system knowledge of Unix (Linux), Messaging Middleware (MQ, EMS, RV), market data, Oracle and networks
* Familiar with Unix shell scripts and preferably Perl
* Advantage with experience with direct market access, high frequency trading, algorithmic trading, and FIX protocol
* Knowledge of Asia futures and options market behavior
* Able to work under pressure in time sensitive trading environment
* Experience with ITRS, Java VM, Windows, and Autosys scheduling would be an advantage
* Desired advantage knowledge on XTrader and ULINK
Interested candidates please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for quick processing.