APAC Head of Diversity and Inclusion
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank Of America / Merrill Lynch
- 19 Aug 17
APAC Head of Diversity and Inclusion
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 40 countries. In the U.S alone, we serve almost all Fortune 500 companies and approximately 59 million consumers and small-business customers. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 23 offices in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region's leading financial services companies.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining top diverse talent from across the globe. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to actively promote an inclusive work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve personal success and contribute to the growth of our business. Each of our global Employee Networks bring together employees, create dialogue and awareness in support of our Diversity and Inclusion.
Head of Diversity & Inclusion
The role of the D&I Leader is to develop and communicate a compelling D&I strategy across APAC in alignment with global D&I priorities. You will shape, implement and lead the D&I agenda in close collaboration with senior leadership including the APAC Head of HR, Chair of APAC D&I Council and Regional LLD team, to integrate D&I practices into the business and culture.
- Develop and manage relationships with key stakeholders to frame strategic issues and support implementation of recommendations.
- Develop and utilize materials and sessions to drive diversity related messages throughout the region - LoB sessions, new hire orientation, campus, graduate, promotes sessions, Employee Network events, external events, etc.
- Design and maintain marketing collateral materials such as D&I Brochure and D&I video.
- Build D&I capability across HR and the LoBs in managing diversity and creating inclusive workplaces. Maintain and update D&I Resources Guide for HR and D&I Council members to provide consistent messaging on D&I Agenda, programs and progress.
- Provide D&I expertise and develop content for D&I programs, partnering with Learning team to deliver powerful programs to target audiences
- Continue to refine and develop the APAC, LOB and Country dashboards and accountability plans and process.
- Engage business leaders and HR Executives to drive accountability for D&I focus and impact in the LoBs and countries.
- Provide regular updates on D&I data and progress to key stakeholders - Regional president, Regional Head of HR, D&I Council.
- Support APAC representatives on global D&I councils. Provide regular updates to Global D&I Office on data and progress in APAC region. Support Global D&I Office in submissions for global D&I awards submissions.
- Oversee and represent the firm with strategic partnerships including sponsorships, research and thought leadership.
- Facilitate leadership and HR attendance at relevant D&I conferences and platforms, including speaker opportunities.
- Develop and maintain the strategic focus of the D&I Council. Improving governance, clarity on roles and responsibilities and reporting of progress. Collaborate with the D&I Council Chair and Regional Head of HR on D&I Council member recruitment and circulation.
- Support and oversee the APAC Employee Networks. Ensure alignment of network focus and activities to the regional D&I strategy. Provide connections and linkages to the Global Employee Network Program office to ensure update of their tools and resources to drive efficiency. Provide guidance and advice on new Employee Network proposals and facilitate the approval process with the Global Employee Network Office. Act as central point of contact for the networks and provide monthly updates to key stakeholders on the network events happening across the region. Responsible for budget allocation across the networks.
- Develop the theme and flow of the annual APAC Women's Conference as a powerful and though provoking lever to drive engagement with senior leaders, develop D&I skills and capability across the target audience, and set the agenda for the following years D&I approach.
- Manage regional engagement in global initiatives such as annual Global D&I Awards nominations and review process, Employee Networks Recognition Awards, and nominations for APAC employees to global programs,
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with Global D&I Office specialists and EMEA Head of D&I to showcase APAC D&I innovations and programs, leverage USA and EMEA best practices and align to the global D&I agenda.
- Senior D&I background across financial services or large multinational organisation
- Highly collaborative, with the ability to work in partnership with multiple stakeholders across the business
- Strong ability to build senior relationships and influence all levels within the firm
- Manage multiple key projects and initiatives simultaneously including project management and strategic direction
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Accomplished facilitator and public speaker with the ability to deliver relevant compelling messages and flex the messaging to different audiences.
Posting Date: 05/07/2017
Location: HK--Hong Kong
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40