Associate, Analyst Account Management Financial Markets
- Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Germany
- Permanent, Full time
- IHS Markit UK
- 21 Aug 17
IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivaled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence. IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500.
We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, aerospace and defense, chemical, and economics and country risk.
Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.
Sales and Account Management for Financial Markets are key functions within IHS Markit with responsibility for client-facing activity including all aspects of business development for its specialist product line and region. The primary focus is placed on new business sales and enabling the roll-out of new products.
Requirement for a highly motivated Associate Analyst to join the EMEA Account Management Team. The position will suit someone looking to progress into a full-time Sales role for IHS Markit.
The candidate will assist the team in all aspects of sales and initiative application. This will include presentation and meeting preparation, data mining, liaising with other Markit business units and developing key client relationships. The candidate will be responsible for the organisation and coordination of senior level initiatives, working to imperative deadlines and driving execution on complex tasks.
The candidate should possess strong analytical and sales and marketing skills that can be applied to helping cover the company’s largest clients in the banking industry. They should wish to pursue an ongoing career in sales and view this as a key entry role into this domain.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Development and execution of an account management plans
- Working with product/sales groups in the execution of contracts
- Renewals of existing contracts
- Working strategically with the client base to identify new initiatives and partnership opportunities
- Development of the infrastructure and process’s to support account management
- Internal communication and reporting
- Participation in specific project teams towards launch of new products and services
- Scope to lead to direct sales of certain products - particularly new initiatives
Required Experience and Education:
- Preferred but not essential broad based experience with another market data vendor or investment bank with exposure to managing complex relationships and/or process’s
- Knowledge and experience of capital markets
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong inter-personal and influencing skills
- Very good MS Excel and MS Powerpoint skills
- Key requirement of managing complex relationships towards the main objective of increasing revenue streams year-on-year in line with the account plan
- Flexible and willing to adapt to changing situations
- Strong influencing skills
- High standard of analytical and written work
- Displays energy, drive and stamina
- The candidate must be able to represent Markit with the highest level of professional competency
- Good communication skills both written and verbal required for complex commercial and business discussions
- Needs to build internal relationships as well as external ones.
- Must gain the confidence of product managers and other salespeople.
- Team player and willing to progress in a rapidly changing environment
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast paced environment
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disability/Veterans. Please refer to the EEO is the Law Poster & Supplement, Right to Work and Pay Transparency Policy.
IHS Markit endeavors to make our career sites accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Accommodation@ihs.com or call 303-858-6891 . This contact information (email and phone) is intended for accommodation requests only. Unfortunately we are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the email address above.
Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.