Head of Operations (f/m)
at N26 GmbHBerlin, Germany
- Permanent, Full time
- 02 Aug 17
We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We redesigned the banking experience to be simple, fast and contemporary. Founded in 2013 by Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal, N26 has more than 200 employees and more than 300.000 customers in 17 countries. N26 has raised more than $55 million from investors including Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Battery Ventures and Valar Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, Earlybird Venture Capital and Redalpine Ventures.
- You assume responsibility for the implementation, development and improvement of banking procedures within the N26 ecosystem as well as the operational readiness for new products
- You understand retail banking tools and processes and are keen on simplifying the existing process flows and optimizing them through automation, always keeping in mind their scalability
- Beginning with your first day, you assume responsibility for ongoing procedural topics in relation to our banking platform that you complete precisely, flawlessly and diligently
- You analyse data to gain a deeper understanding of the products under your responsibility with the view to monitor their performance and keep track of SLA’s with existing and potential partners
- You act as the interface between our banking and business development teams
- You are responsible to manage and maintain the relationships to our partners
- You will mentor, coach, and inspire a highly talented team
- You already gained at least 7 years retail banking experience (ideally in direct banking) with a proven track record on operational excellence and/or process automation
- You have successfully completed a banking apprenticeship or hold a university degree in business studies (with major in Banking & Finance) or a related field
- You possess deep knowledge of some of the following banking processes:
- Claims & insolvency
- Dunning & collection
- Payment investigation
- You have a good understanding of German / European Banking laws, standard banking requirements as well as banking IT-Systems
- You have already proven your ability to hire, develop and retain top talent
- You enjoy implementing and optimising complex processes as the foundation of your work
- Project management is your strength and you enjoy interacting with various stakeholders
- You have a hands-on mentality and an execution focused work ethic
- You operate well under stress, even faced with tight timelines for ambitious deliverables
- Ideally, you have some international experience (study or work abroad) and thrive in a multicultural environment
- You have excellent German and English language skills
WHAT WE OFFER
- High degree of autonomy
- Crucial role in a highly motivated, talented team
- Your choice of a new Mac or Windows laptop
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Newly designed office in Berlin-Mitte
- A stack of the most modern technologies
- Probably the best cup of coffee in the neighbourhood
Sound good? Send us your application, and we’ll get back to you soon.