Market Data Business Analyst - ( Contract or Perm ) - Investment Bank
- Very Competitive
- Copenhagen, Hovedstaden, Denmark
- Permanent, Full time
- Olive Delta
- 19 Sep 16
Market Data Business Analyst required to join an exciting project that is in the process of redefining how market data is consumed within the organisation. The scope theoretically focuses on all use cases of Market and Reference data services in the Wholesale bank.
- The creation of a Front to Back system to take our End of Day pricing through an IPV process, then into our risk platform before finally being reviewed by Finance. There is a high probability technologies and concepts here will be both new to the bank and also to many investment banks
- To review and optimise our static data universe, initially starting with Symbology and Issuer level information before approaching the broader Instrument static and Reference data universe.
- The creation of the distribution mechanism that combines both traditional market data (Reuters, Bloomberg, Markit etc..) and internally generated pricing stored in both bespoke and industry recognised trading and pricing platforms and making it available to down stream consumers in a consistent and robust fashion.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in financial markets or from a data vendor side. The ideal candidate has experience in the market data management area with a broad understanding of the business processes the data is used in.
- Business-focused and have the ability to take ownership of tasks and driving them from beginning to end.
- Outgoing, communicate effectively and are able to build good relations with stakeholders and colleagues with diverse competences, nationalities and job responsibilities.
- Experience of Vendor systems provided by Mainstream and specialist vendor systems are highly desirable. Examples would be Reuters, Bloomberg, Markit, Super Derivatives, KDB, Xenomorph, Onetic
- Exposure to the software development lifecycle would also be beneficial especially in an Agile software development environment.
- You should also be familiar with a range of financial instruments and understand the lifecycle of market data. Basic knowledge on curve and surface building, database structures and IT systems is a plus.