BlackRock Nordics Sales Director
- Copenhagen, Hovedstaden, Denmark
- Permanent, Full time
- 25 Sep 16
BlackRock Nordics Sales Director
Overview of role
This position leads the Sales team, strategy and results for the Nordics Region in the context of the European iShares business. It is responsible for delivering against the wider iShares European business plan and contributing to the full Sales Team strategy.
Reporting to the Head of iShares Northern Europe, this role is expected to involve four principle activities:
- Develop a multi year plan to grow the iShares business for the region (in conjunction with key stakeholders including iShares and BGI)
- Establish and build iShares sales capabilities in the region
- Develop and manage the day to day business
- Oversee and foster high impact integration efforts within broader BlackRock .
The candidate will have extensive experience of doing business in the Nordics region and therefore be able to leverage existing business relationships and contacts. Ideally the candidate will have existing relationships with local exchanges, regulators, as well as key stakeholders and influencers in the asset management industry. The role also requires representation of the iShares and BlackRock businesses as a press spokesperson, and as a speaker in the wider industry; experience of interacting and managing a PR brief and agency is therefore essential.
A solid understanding of the local markets and regulations will enable the candidate to develop a strong and actionable business strategy for the region.
Coordinating and leveraging the other BlackRock functional areas (Retail, Institutional, BlackRock Solutions) with a local presence will also be a crucial component to this role.
- Build a clear strategy for the Nordics Region in line with the broader European iShares business including:
- Country level understanding of customer opportunities including customer mix, buying behaviour/customer needs, product preferences
- Competitive environment including both ETF providers and broader competitive set
- Responsible for delivering against strategy, evaluating and altering the strategy in response to changing business conditions.
- Ultimate responsibility for setting, delivering and adjusting annual target of net new assets into the iShares Dublin and German based funds.
- Drives annual budgeting process for headcount and resource requests.
Management and leadership:
- Managing, motivating a cross functional team of mixed ability and seniority.
- Responsibility for developing, promoting, evaluating and hiring into the team.
- Wider Sales team and iShares business responsibility for coaching and mentoring.
- Responsibility to ensure that all regulatory and legal requirements and standards are met within the team.
- Represents the country/segment to the senior leadership team as required.
- Strong collaboration and information sharing with other Sales Managers in iShares and BlackRock channel sales teams globally.
- Contribution to the wider iShares business, particularly the product development pipeline, product management and marketing functions.
- Representation of iShares at a senior level to clients in country/segment as well as being available for other relevant countries/segments.
- Responsibility as senior manager in BlackRock to uphold values and set a behavioural example.
- Demonstrates, champions and corrects iShares value-led behaviour.
- Helps the country marketing manager guide and develop marketing initiatives for the Nordics Region working closely with the Head of iShares Marketing Europe.
- Takes an active role in the career development of the country marketing head.
Capital Markets and Broker Dealer Coordination:
- Coordinates with the iShares European Capital Markets team and Broker Dealer sales team to ensure excellent client service relating to liquidity and execution matters.
- Positions these teams to clients as premium level services.
Required skills and experience:
- Senior Manager level candidate with significant experience in a sales and business management role.
- Extensive experience in senior sales in the Region.
- Thorough knowledge of the client landscape for the Region.
- Proven experience at setting business strategy.
- Deep understanding of the sales process, prospecting, objection handling, closing and long term relationship management.
- ETF Domain Knowledge - understanding our product set as well as competitive ETF's and delta 1 products.
- Displays comparable stature, seniority and standing to the most senior clients.
- Displays an executive presence, is comfortable interacting with the senior leadership team and senior BlackRock managers as well as the most junior members of staff.
- Is adept at managing conflict, understands group dynamics and can manage large, tiered teams.
- Confident and experienced public speaker with a high standard of presentation skills.
- Proven experience interacting with the press.