BlackRock ICB-EMEA, Analyst, Copenhagen
- Copenhagen, Hovedstaden, Denmark
- Permanent, Full time
- 25 Sep 16
BlackRock ICB-EMEA, Analyst, Copenhagen
Business Unit Overview:
BlackRock's institutional business serves corporate and public sector pension funds, charities and endowments, insurers and other financial institutions, sovereign wealth funds as well as governments and official institutions.
Our institutional clients have very specific needs that require genuine partnership. We aim to be that investment partner by listening to our clients, understanding them and by applying our investment expertise across asset classes and markets to solve their needs.
In practice, our commitment to fostering long-term relationships means we can gain a deep understanding of our clients' long-term objectives. Having a culture where we share knowledge across asset classes and regions allows us to create investment solutions that better meet client specific challenges. The third pillar underpinning our offering is our risk management culture and systems: we seek to ensure that every investment position is deliberate, diversified and appropriately scaled.
Within the wider Institutional Business, the Nordic Institutional team is responsible for business development and relationship management within the life and pensions segment in the Nordic region. This is a team of 10 people who are looking for an individual who will focus on the delivery of the highest quality of client service with superior attention to detail in a mature, professional manner.
The successful candidate will be an integral part of the Nordic institutional team and take responsibility for supporting the Account Managers and servicing Nordic institutional clients to ensure the consistent delivery of a high quality and seamless service across our client base. This is a full-time position.
We are looking for someone who is completing his/her bachelors/masters degree or equivalent in summer 2016, and who is available to start on the BlackRock Analyst Program on the 1 st August 2016.
The role will suit a candidate looking to learn about the asset management business and gain experience in working within client account management and service.
- Supporting Account Managers in maintaining relationships with existing clients through the delivery of high quality client service with an excellent attention to detail
- taking responsibility for client queries, delegating as appropriate to internal teams, monitoring progress to resolution and ensuring that responses are timely and of a high quality
- preparing presentation materials for account reviews
- gaining a clear understanding of clients' service requirements, storing details on client management systems and sharing information internally in order to contextualise and motivate support from internal teams
- build sufficient familiarity with BlackRock's existing products and operational capabilities to aid query resolution and to assist with the design and delivery of external communication
- reviewing own service performance, aiming to achieve excellent results in client satisfaction surveys, and working closely with other team members in achieving overall strategic business objectives
- working closely with the relevant Account Manager to ensure the seamless delivery of service whilst maintaining a high degree of communication and confidence.
- fluent in English with proficiency in Swedish and/or Finnish a must
- excellent organisational and project management skills with a proven ability to prioritise effectively
- superior attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks to tight deadlines
- a self-starter who can quickly analyse client needs and focus on delivery
- proactive team player with good listening skills
- ability to develop relationships with clients, administrators and other third party stakeholders, and to communicate and interact effectively with personnel at all levels within BlackRock
- a broad understanding of the investment industry and competitive landscape
- a sound technical understanding of investments
- independent thinker with high level of integrity
- experience in a process driven, risk controlled environment is a plus
- proficiency in Microsoft office programs
- bachelors/masters degree or equivalent