Software Engineer ( Back-End)
The Role / Responsibilities:
As a Software Engineer in the Software Development team within the Structured Analytics and Valuations Division, you will work closely with other developers, business analysts, QA engineers and build engineers to design and implement back end components for various applications. Your primary responsibility will be to work on SQL and NoSQL database servers supporting web services. You may also be required to work on our other products and participate in key long term development projects as needed.
• Understand the requirements and designs
• Deliver code with high quality efficiently
• Interact with fellow team members, quality assurances, architects, business analysts on requirements, contribute to the design of back-end systems
• Ensure that new features are implemented according to specification and problems are corrected.
• Contribute to testing and document
• Help providing support of production server environment
The Structured Analytics & Valuations division of Moody's Analytics
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related majors
• 3+ years software development experience
• Experience with MS SQL server, C#.Net, No-SQL database such as MongoDB
• Experience with XML, JSON, RESTful web service preferred
• Knowledge of test driven development a plus
• Interests in learning finance and specifically structured finance
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Able to take initiative and be proactive
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Ability to learn quickly and work independently
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
Fluency in English
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.