Asst.Dir-Sr Systems Operations
- Provide guidance in building new operational processes. Evaluate and recommend enterprise software or tools to build internally.
- Lead and contribute towards resolving escalated production issues, maintenance projects, and enhancement initiatives, with some supervision.
- Identify, resolve and/or escalate production issues reported by clients and/or monitoring alerts
- Partner with teams such as Product Management, Development, Client Support, and IT to meet business demands.
- Contribute to Business Continuity Planning.
- Support requests to maintain website content.
- Create and maintain documentation for team knowledge base.
- Work schedule requires availability on some evenings, weekends and holidays.
- 4+ years of experience in an operational or support role
- Solid experience writing SQL (e.g., Sybase, Microsoft SQL server, Oracle, PostgreSQL).
- Proven success in completing projects from definition to launch.
- Proven ability to handle multiple cross-functional projects with little supervision .
- Ability to document process flows using visual aids (e.g., MS Visio).
- Act as a guide, mentor or possibly supervise one or more Operations Associates.
- Solid understanding of Agile and waterfall methodologies.
- Excellent troubleshooting abilities including root cause analysis.
§ Solid understanding of Software Development Life Cycle.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High attention to detail with excellent organizational and analytical skills.
§ Exposure to Java a plus.
Bachelor's degree in a computer science related field. Master's degree is a plus.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.