- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Sep 17
Vice President - Senior Analyst - GCCRA
Location: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, ChinaThe individual will be responsible for developing research publications and conducting issuer, intermediary, and general market outreach in order to support Moody's Franchise Development initiatives in predominantly Greater China and also other countries in APAC as appropriate.
The role will involve ongoing study of Chinese credits and evolving trends in China, analysis of the credit profile of rated and unrated Chinese issuers, demonstrating in-depth knowledge of the Chinese credit markets, and interacting with market participants within Greater China and APAC.
It is expected the individual hired will have the capability to quickly develop research ideas, write comprehensive and thought provoking research on industry sectors or individual companies, and present research to a variety of market participants. The role requires frequent interactions at a very senior level with issuers, intermediaries, and investors.
- Conducting credit research and writing credit reports, special comments and outlooks for industry sectors or companies.
- Interacting with senior company executives, intermediaries, investors, and press/media .
- Interacting effectively with other analytical groups.
- Analyzing quantitative and qualitative data for companies and broader industry sectors.
- Building and maintaining high profile relationships with issuers, intermediaries, investors and other market participants.
- Present in public forum Moody's credit views on relevant topics related to Greater China.
Within the Greater China Credit Research and Analysis (GCCRA) group
- Graduate in finance, corporate finance, accounting, economics or related discipline with postgraduate qualifications . CFA an advantage.
- A minimum of 10 years relevant analytical experience in credit analysis and fixed income investment; preferably analyzing the corporate sector and Chinese regional and local governments, probably in another financial institution or major research house. Candidates with less experience will be considered for an AVP position.
- An understanding of the domestic bond market and public finance in China
- Articulate and succinct communication skills both verbally and in writing , with extensive public speaking experience ideal. Previous experience writing research in either an equity or credit market context would be advantageous.
- Strong quantitative aptitude and demonstrated analytical ability.
- Strong organizational skills with sound judgment. Mature and balanced personality with ability to manage high - level and often complex client relationships.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.