Senior Technical Manager (Shanghai)
- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 15 Aug 16
Please view Job Description for details.
Summary of Responsibilities
* Lead a virtual team to determine applicability of new or revised Group technology standards and establish practical and realistic in-country implementation plan. The scope of technology includes server, storage, operating system, virtualization solution, database, networking and data center facility.
* Assist Data Center manager to lead a team of technical specialists, either in-house or outsourced, who are directly responsible for maintaining & monitoring stability & reliability of IT infrastructure hosted in country Data Centre. Manage the provision of business recovery sites to sustain the ability to conduct business transactions and monitor exposure in the event of a disaster.
* Be responsible for planning, managing and implementing core business projects, including new implementations or upgrades to existing systems. Leads a project team and ensures that the desired outcomes are achieved.
* Act as a representative of country Technology to liaise with Group team, and raise any concern country Technology teams may have regarding IT policies, standards, initiatives, directions and guidelines.
* Enforce technological and operational governance and assure compliance of SCB group policies and local regulatory policies. Conduct regular review to identify gaps and risks, define and execute remediation plan to close outstanding issues.
* Bachelors degree from a well-regarded university, 12 or more years of experience in IT.
* Solid, quantifiable experience in following areas; Experience and strong foundation in infrastructure architecture is essential.
o Server management
o Storage management
o Windows, Linux and AIX platform
o Virtualization platform
o Oracle and SQL environment
o Networking & IP Telephony
o Data center operations and facility management
* Excellent troubleshooting skills and incident management capability
* Experience to manage large, complex projects through their entire life cycle
o Translate business objectives into work and resourcing plans
o Assemble, enable, and manage resources necessary to execute projects on time and on budget
o Ensure quality delivery against work plan objectives
o Advise stakeholders and manage expectations, avoid and resolve conflicts
o Coach and develop junior colleague
* The role requires extensive communication with management, colleagues, vendors, and business users across many time zones and geographic regions.
o Must possess a track record of excellent verbal and written communication skills
o Must possess a track record of experience in conducting conference call meetings in multi-cultural environment
o Ability to communicate, coordinate and manage vendor relationship and performance
* Working knowledge of the banking industry, banking products, workflow and processes, and banking systems would be a significant asset
* Leadership skills in people and technology, people manager experience is preferred
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.