Senior L3 Ops - Workspace Operations
- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 29 Sep 16
See job description for details
The UCC (Unified Communications and Collaboration) Operations Team is dedicated to supporting the firm's global Email and Instant Messaging Plants in addition to a number of other platforms such as efax and multimedia systems. We provide service and support to an internal user base of 80,000 and closely cooperate with the Engineering, Product managers, IT Security, Service Desk, Desk Side Support teams and third party vendors to handle escalations, provide documentation, resolve complex technical issues and implement new products across the plant.
Our services include incident, problem, change and drift management and we are responsible for the health of Servers and Systems we support including Exchange 2010, Sentrion (Sendmail), Lync Backend Infrastructure (Skype for Business. We develop scripts and other forms of automation to solve problems within the UCC space. This includes creating and maintaining our own monitoring and reporting tools.
We provide global coverage for incidents 24/7 in a follow-the-sun model - you will cover for escalations on one weekend every few months.
Your primary responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Level 3 day to day support of the messaging plant including exchange email, unixmailsys plant, Instant messaging plant including Lync (Skype for Business)
- Responsible for the overall health, performance, security and maintenance of the global infrastructure under a global follow-the-sun support model.
- Performing troubleshooting and investigating complex technical issues, including handling technical escalations from L2. Investigate and resolve Tickets in the L3 queue.
- Monitoring problem ticket queues for issues and respond promptly to them
- Participating in the engineering and deployment of global products
- Automation through scripting as necessary in order to efficiently address problems within our space
- Identify and implement operational efficiencies.
- Performing change management duties, including creation, execution and validation of production changes
- Project Based work e.g. Test and execute a software component version upgrade
- Create technical documentation and documentation for end users and support personnel
- Periodic weekend On call Coverage
- Experience supporting Windows Exchange 2010/2013 (On premise) and Lync (Skype for Business) at level 3 in a demanding, large networked global enterprise environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with senior VIP clients for troubleshooting and explaining technical issues
- Ability to deduce patterns from individual incidents and provide automated solutions to ensure these incidents do not reoccur in our enterprise environment.
- Intermediate or Advanced PowerShell scripting skills.
- Experience supporting eFax
- ITIL-based service management