- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Temporary, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 15 Aug 16
Please view Job Description for details.
Scope of Role:
* Support Head, Project Management for the management of assigned new and enhanced products/projects throughout their development life cycle within ITO China.
* Represent Head, Project Management to provide signoff on all aspects for assigned Project Implementation within ITO China.
* Support Head, Project Management to promote process management best practices within ITO China.
* Support Head, Project Management to run Project Management Office (PMO).
* Provide supports to Ops - BAU functions, perform investigation & reconciliation, identify solutions & conduct fixes for production problems, whenever necessary.
1. Project Management
* To manage and to control project scope, duration, budget and risk within the group standard project management methodology and with a view to quick scaling up of capacity while reconciling with the business and financial needs of the product programs.
* To provide appropriate levels of project cost and resourcing estimates, starting at a high level during early definition and ultimately with the accuracy necessary for Project Execution Document(PED).
* Create presentations and Project Execution Document (PED) for funding approval.
* Maintenance of an accurate project plan and schedule
* Management of project scope change through diligent documentation and tracking
* Evaluates impact of any requested project scope change
* Proactively highlight necessary steps/actions to be taken and provide recommendations to the Senior Management for decision making to ensure compliance to the bank's policies and procedures and mitigate/minimize any identified impact.
* Be accountable and responsible to manage and provide oversight for all the assigned projects within their respective portfolio.
* Provides effective coordination and timely minutes of the various project forums
* To promote and implement the transfer and roll-out of successful programs, technology and operational practices to additional geographic areas within Pan-China.
* To ensure integration of project architecture, process and procedure with overall SCB environment.
2. Project Governance, Process and Standards
* Understands and works with SCB Project Governance processes and tools, demonstrated by zero non compliance issues
* Contribute to, analyses and produce management information on regular cycles as required
* Communicate status (including risks and issues) to central project reporting functions on time
* Manages the configuration of project artifacts, ensuring they are up to date and use the correct naming convention
* Ensure all project documentation according to SCB's Project Management Standards are created and maintained
* Proactively engages with project team to resolve areas of non process compliance, escalating to the PMO or Management, if needed
3. Financial Management
* Manages project budgets, control spending against planned cost
* Analyses any variance and take necessary corrective action to stay on Green status for Cost, provides timely forecasts and reporting as needed
* Manage and track all quotations, PO, invoices and payments to/from suppliers and vendors.
4. Product Development
* To assist the translation on high level business requirements for assigned products into specific functional and capability attributes.
* To assist in the business definition of assigned products.
* To assist Business in matching and defining capabilities into a Product Program.
* To ensure awareness and full compliance of all laid down rules, regulations, policies, guidelines, procedures, practices and code of conduct imposed by the Group.
* To ensure the Business System in compliance with Audit, Securities, Operation Guidelines.
6. Coach and Engagement
1. Coach junior employees through effective communication/coaching to deliver business goal;
2. Motivate junior employees to ensure a high morale and positive attitude in the organization
Qualifications & Skills
* Bachelor degree from a reputable university
* Minimum of 7+ years experience in banking field, with proven track record in leadership role in Project Management of Information Technology projects
* Project Management Certificate from PMP or Prince2
* Have knowledge of structured project management methodologies such as PMI PMBOK and must be experienced in applying project management knowledge, skills, tools, concepts, and techniques.
* In-depth experience in Change, Vendor and Resources management.
* Experience in project planning, process improvement, performance measurement, and managing a project life cycle.
* Have knowledge in Transaction Processing Management,
* Have knowledge of the importance of quality in data content and Service Management processes.
* Good command of spoken and written Chinese and English.
* Strong analytical skills, interpersonal and communication skills.
* Strong influencing skills with strong team orientation.
* Able to handle multi-tasks, manage time effectively and perform under pressure.
* Able to work at flexible hours and travel
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.