Manager, Product and Process (Shanghai)
- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 15 Aug 16
Please view Job Description for details.
- Assist Trade Product & Process Manager to play a leading role in aggressively closing competitive gaps based on robust capability research and close relationships with TB team to strive for continuous operations improvement.
- Assist to standardize, simplify, improve and streamline process to strive for continuous productivity improvement.
- Assist Trade UORM to proactively manage all compliance and operational risk at unit level; effectively implement all operational, regulatory and financial controls with daily controls, periodic monitoring and timely issue handling.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (sequenced by weight in work portfolio)
- Assist on identifying product innovation (opportunities) and work with TB on potential / business case for implementation.
- Assist on driving the execution of TB Trade Product / Change initiatives. Pro-actively track status to improve the control and responsiveness of Trade Services leveraging the support of ITO staff as required (Trade Services at branches and hubs, BSS, CSG etc) by periodical monitoring.
- Assist on program execution of assigned Trade Service Projects ( both from Group and in-country)
- Ensure post project implementation monitoring and outcome tracking on an ongoing basis.
- Assist Trade Service, Head office to arrange and implement cross-function and/or cross-region training to strengthen multi-product knowledge for all ITO trade Operations staffs in pan-China
- Establish and maintain close working relationship with appropriate persons in the Transaction Banking, CIB/CB teams, Group offices and within the Bank itself to facilitate an open and direct communication of issues, needs, queries, etc. such that these may be responded to in an efficient, prompt and professional manner
- Assist in managing the Trade operations process, aiming at standardized and streamlined process by regular workflow and procedure review.
- Continuous process re-engineering across branch & Hub and pursue continuous hubbing initiatives if needed.
- Assist Trade Services, Head Office in the preparation of a capacity model and provide comments / constructive suggestion or plans towards an effective capacity management from volume trend forecast and variance management
- Mobile locate and on spot support branch BAU service in case of need
- Support implementation of OR initiatives for the Trade Service.
- Support to effectively implement all operational, regulatory and financial control measures and monitoring plans for existing product processing as required by compliance and unit operational risk management.
- Assist to coordinate periodic business monitoring (self-assessment) activities within the business unit and escalate findings and or breaches to Business Unit Head and UORM, when they occur.
- Proactively communicate with the Business Unit Head and UORM on operational risk issues. Escalate significant events to Business Unit Head /UORM as appropriate.
- Support operations team pre/post audits and assurance reviews.
- Provide support on any regular and ad hoc tasks related to unit operational risk management assigned by management team from time to time
Graduates / post graduates
Abundant operations working experience
Certificate (if applies)
- Strong analytical, problem solving and operational skills.
- Sound knowledge on project management skill.
- Excellent understanding of service quality principles
- Good understanding of technology support systems used within the local environment
- Sound knowledge of the risk management of Trade products and local regulatory environment
- Excellent communicator in written and spoken Chinese and English
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills, good people management skills
- Self-motivator, able to manage multiple tasks and work under pressure
- Energetic and able to withstand heavy workload
- Passion in identifying and driving new operations improvement opportunities.
- Other then above roles, job holder should follow other job duties and responsibilities assigned by line manager from time to time.