Manager, Data Analysis (Shanghai)
- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank China
- 16 Jun 17
Please view Job Description for details.
- Work closely with business stakeholders to understand their strategies and needs, convert business requirements into analytical problems and implementable data analysis.
- Work with large volumes of data from multiple systems; understand data structure and draw insights using data analytics tools (e.g., SAS, R, Hadoop).
- Communicate complex concepts and the results of the analyses with clear and effective communication and visualization (e.g., MS Office and Tableau) to all levels.
- Use analytics and statistics to improve our ability to detect, understand and address emerging trends that could pose a risk or opportunity to business performance.
- Lead/Support data analytics projects and execution and facilitate cross-functional discussion and collaborations.
Qualifications & Skills
- 3 years+ working experience in analytics, preferably in banking & financial industry.
- Expertise in analytics, with a focus on utilizing data insights to solve business problems. Strong ability to draw insight, influence and advise business and key stakeholder.
- Experience in Java/Python and SAS/R preferred.
- Familiar with Hadoop ecosystem features and applications such as MapReduce, HBase, and Hive is a must.
- A self-starter who is able to initiate, manage and, when necessary, make tough decisions
- Experience in Tableau and Microsoft BI is a plus.
- Good communication skills, fluent in business English.
- Ability to prioritise, manage and direct multiple activities.
- Excellent -fluency in both written and spoken English
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.