MMQ - Automated Risk Trading Java Developer
- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 27 Sep 16
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is seeking an experienced algorithmic trading Java developer to help advance its next-generation equity automated risk trading platform. You will work closely with the trading desk and quantitative strategists to design, develop, deploy and support low-latency trading engines for cash, futures and options, primarily for the purpose of automating hedging. You will also help develop innovative tools for algo simulation, systematic strategy back-testing & signal generation as well as visualization tools, working in partnership with both quants and analytics teams. You will work the full application lifecycle in a fast-paced, high-stakes agile development environment. This is a hands-on role in a global team doing continuous delivery across many global markets, so you will also have to communicate with global colleagues.
- Expert-level core Java knowledge in a UNIX/Linux environment.
- Track record working in front-office environment with trading and quantitative strategists.
- Experience developing system for automated market making, DMA or algo trading group in liquid markets (equities, FX, liquid rates, etc.)
- Experience with low-latency messaging middleware pub/sub technologies.
- Experience building FIX protocol-based systems in Java.
- Experience in Equity linked/ Derivatives / ETF products highly desirable.
- Experience with Java/GC/Linux OS level debugging/performance tuning.
- Knowledge of Sybase and tuning techniques along with scripting (Python / Perl).
- C# / C++ / KDB Knowledge would also be an advantage but is not essential.
- Swing GUI development