Linux Systems Administrator Linux系统管理员
- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Sep 16
If you are an enthusiastic Linux Systems Administrator looking for challenges, APPLY now!
Optiver is a trading firm with a difference. We are a market-maker who takes our people and our technology seriously. Our Trading and IT teams work together as the right and left hand of the business and it is this level of integration that keeps our traders at the top of their game. We are proud of the state-of-the-art systems we have built, and consistently strive to improve every day.
We have an incredible new opportunity in our Shanghai office for a Linux Systems Administrator, who will provide technical support to our trading team. We are in the early stage of growth in China, so you would join a small ‘start-up’ team which will drive our success in the region. We are looking for a special person to join us in this rare opportunity to turbocharge your career.
Who you are
You’re positive and passionate and you consider yourself the “can-do-guy” because you’re the one who maintains and improves the environment which allows everyone to do what they need to do. You love to learn and try new things. You get a sense of satisfaction out of being the one who keeps the lights on. Above all, you’re a fun, friendly, open and honest person who loves working with others.
What you’ll do
Working on the latest and greatest in trading system technologies, you’ll get to work closely with all teams across the business from Trading to Development, to ensure that our systems and servers are working at their best. You know what questions to ask and you know how to talk tech to non-techies. You’ll be constantly learning new technologies, researching and advising the business on ways to improve and optimise our platform and trading environment.
- 2+ years’ experience as a Linux administrator, working as part of a collaborative team
- Strong focus on automation and have knowledge of at least one scripting language
- Some knowledge and experience of networks, windows administration, or cloud/virtualisation technologies (eg. AWS, Azure, KVM, Vmware, Docker)
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and ability to work out what the root cause of a problem is and fix it for good
- You know how to keep a cool head under fire
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills including sharp attention to detail
- Proven skills in medium to large server deployments and configuration management