IT Business Analyst
- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- 13 Sep 16
Being part of the global solution delivery team that analyses, designs, builds, tests, and maintains software applications in support of the Trafigura businesses in Asia. It is expected that the successful candidate will be able to balance strategic software development activity with the practicalities of current business processes. These are tactically supported by a variety of user-created tools such as Excel spreadsheets and Word document templates.
- Interacting directly with business users to gather, analyze and articulate requirements
- Recommending potential solutions to business problems, explaining how requirements would be met
- Clarifying precisely what actions any software solution is intended to perform, using appropriate methods of elaboration and documentation, resulting in detailed specification of requirements
- Working with the software development team to explain requirements and their relative priority
- Testing software to ensure that business requirements are met and that the software works as intended
- Documenting business processes and software procedures
- Providing user training on new functionality, and handling queries regarding internal and third party software systems
- Managing the delivery of software projects, tracking time, budget , quality
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
We would generally expect the candidate to have at least bachelor degree or equivalent/above in either Computer Science or financial engineering related fields.
- At least 3-6 years of working experience in a financial institution or commodities trading industry is preferred
- In a business/system analyst role for at least 3 years
- Experience of writing analysis documentation e.g. project scope, requirements specification, functional specification etc.
- Ability to solve problems using innovative and elegant solutions
- The desire and ability to understand business processes in a complex legacy environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical issues clearly to non-technical business people
- Excellent written and verbal English/Chinese language skills
- Structured analysis experience, including data modelling, use cases etc.
- Project management experience, including methodologies and techniques
- Personal time management and ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to work effectively within a team and to show to initiative whilst working individually
- The desire and ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Experience in large-scale commodities trading system implementations
- Solid working knowledge on derivatives markets & instruments
- Test planning and execution, understanding scripts, plans and data
- Understanding of reporting/ data warehousing structures, methods and tools e.g. Business Objects, QlikView etc.
- User interface/screen design experience
- Familiar with case tools and document version control systems
- Experience of working in a commodities trading company, preferably oil, metals or energy, or other trading environment such as an investment bank
- Experience of working or studying in different countries, geographical areas or cultures
- Experience of application development a plus
- Excellent Excel working knowledge