Finance IT Development Manager
- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 26 Sep 16
See job description for details
Finance IT in Shanghai is looking for a team lead / senior developer who will be responsible for the delivery of the key projects for the Company & Regulatory team.
Finance IT (Company & Regulatory) team is a global organization with around 100 employees (27 in Asia and 22 in Shanghai) providing technology solutions to regulatory and legal entity controllers across the regions, working on a combination of regional and global solutions that support the firm’s Finance Department in the accounting, regulatory controllership, and financial reporting functions. The team in Asia not only provides coverage for all the legal entities in the region, but also contributes to a series of global strategic initiatives. The primary focus of the team is on delivery of outstanding solutions to our internal business clients. We encourage every member of the team to learn the business in addition to being outstanding software developers. We value teamwork and collaboration within the local team, with colleagues in Asia and others around the globe.
The candidate will lead the development team to support new global strategic calculation platform initiated from our Shanghai office. Model/implement business requirements on the new platform. He/she will be part of a growing team in our Shanghai office dedicated to development of solutions to support business expansions in Asia as well as building next generation technologies contributing to the global strategic architecture. He/she will have exposure to the broad set of businesses conducted at the firm including securities sales and trading, wealth management and banking.
We expect the candidate to have solid data analysis skills, have the ability to find patterns from massive amount of data, make sense of it and explain to internal clients. We also expect the candidate to be able to model unorganized data sources into sensible logical data model and put them into physical implementation. This candidate needs to set up clear process/checklist for global teams for ongoing data model change and discipline design principles on that front.
We expect the candidate to have working experience in Banking or Financial Services industry. We will still provide training on the business, particularly on those subjects that are relevant to Finance and that will enhance the developers’ ability to successfully build outstanding systems for our internal clients.
Regular interactions with clients and project team will be required on all projects. During the whole phase of a project, typically there is a need to interact with clients face-to-face or via video or audio conference meetings to understand the requirements. During the acceptance testing and production parallel phases of a project, interaction with the clients will be required to manage them through the process of testing the system and address any problems identified from the tests.
We expect the candidate to be self-motivated, have high energy and have strong oral and written communication skills in English. Additionally, we are looking for an individual who has good interpersonal skills, ability to engage effectively with teammates, managers and clients. The candidate will be responsible for working on all phases of application development life cycle including requirements gathering, functional/technical specifications, design, programming, testing and software releases to production. The developer will work in a team environment and will have to collaborate with local, regional and global team members.
The candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Model business problems into technical solutions and develop innovative solutions on the new regulatory calculation platform.
- Maintain an efficient development processes in the team
- Maintain high standard software quality
- Establish an automated testing framework for the new platform
- Enhance the supportability of the new platform
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability for work and people
The candidate must possess a strong technology background with excellent hands-on expert level knowledge of Java technology.
- University degree holder in relevant discipline
- Fluency in English and Mandarin. Strong communication and influencing skills
- Strong data analytical skills
- 5-10 years software development experiences.
- 5+ years on software development life cycle management.
- Strong process orientation with in-depth understanding of SDLC.
- Strong expertise in Core Java. Experience in Web technologies is a plus.
- Solid knowledge of Database with strong fundamentals in database designing (DB2 preferred).
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies and work on the same to meet business requirements.
- Ability to work in team
- Overseas working experience
- High performance non-relational database (e.g. KDB)
- Working experience in finance services industry