Equity Risk Systems Developer-Java
- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 28 Sep 16
See job description for details
The candidate will be part of the Equity Derivatives Derived Market Data team. This is a development team with 9 members spread across the globe, including 5 in Shanghai. The team is responsible for managing all inputs into analytic models for pricing and both realtime and end-of-day risk. There will be a considerable amount of interaction with trading desks and quants as well as the equity derivatives operations team.
The Equity Derivatives systems are required to meet the demands stemming from regulatory change and the expansion of electronic trading of derivatives set against a backdrop of rapidly evolving global economic conditions. Key elements of future requirements include vastly increased throughput capabilities, improved time series processing and increasing the accuracy of calculated market data in general.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate an eagerness to learn the existing platforms, which are built using a variety of technologies including core Java, and to a much lesser extend perl, C++, Scala and C# and be proactive in designing and building the next generation of systems to meet business demands. The person will also be able to handle competing demands including both tactical and strategic initiatives, manage their own work to aggressive deadlines (with help from their manager) and work with clients across the world within a global team. The role will offer a good opportunity for those looking to make a difference to a major business division.
Skills Required (essential)
- Strong technical background including proficiency in Object Oriented Design and in-depth knowledge of Core Java.
- Experience of Linux development environment.
- Problem solving ability including ability to discuss and refine requirements with users, convert those requirements into a design and build a solution to meet that design.
- Strong communication skills.
- Knowledge of equity derivatives or financial options in general
- Familiarity with risk systems
- Interest in Maths or analytical problem solving
- Experience with scripting languages such as perl, ksh and/or bash
- Knowledge of perforce or similar source-control system and jira or similar job-tracking system
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential.