We're looking for a talented and passionate data engineer for our Shanghai office. High quality data is a critical goal for Winton and we put significant effort into checking data, spotting errors, identifying the causes and error correction. This role will involve solving complicated data related issues and developing new functionality.
· Working closely with researchers.
· Transforming raw financial and related data into required format.
· Data cleaning, error identification and elimination.
· Understanding of the various areas of data research being conducted.
· Monitoring of daily data.
· Minimum Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university
· Strong programming skills in SQL
· Experience in one or more of the following languages: C#, C++, Java, Python
· Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
· Team player and willing to learn in a dynamic environment
· A broad understanding of equity assets and markets is a plus