DC Specialist (Shanghai)
- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Temporary, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 05 Aug 16
Please view Job Description for details.
Scope of Role:
This is a Technical support role for Data Centre Infrastructures, which include server farm, storage and backup infrastructures, to enforce the BAU operation and project control by making sure regulatory requirement and group policies compliance
- Support the Data Center daily operation, which Linux/Unix server systems, virtualization, storage, backup facility, etc.
- Deploy group infrastructure standard, tools & strategies into China Data Centre domain, which include risk & security control
- Coordinate with SCB internal support team and external vendors, to handle the incidents properly with the SCB predefined process
- Plan & Implement the operation changes with the support from different SCB internal & external support team/vendors smoothly, to make sure the change control will be in place during the full change cycle include change planning, change requesting, change approval, implementation and change closure.
- Project Management & support for new infrastructure system deployment, which include solution design, project planning & implementation, handover to daily operation, etc.
- Apply knowledge of industry, market best practice to ensure that SCB achieve the best possible return for any investment within the responsible areas
- Execute risk management control, KCSA review and SIP initiatives in the related infrastructure operations, include tech audit compliance and support
Qualifications & Skills:
- Education background: bachelor degree in Information Technology or relevant major
- Expert knowledge in Virtualization, Storage or Unix/Linux, and 5 years+ related operation experience
- Deep knowledge in storage & backup infrastructure and related operation experience
- Project Management experience and knowledge is preferred
- ITIL or related service management certification is preferred
- Strong analytical & troubleshooting skills
- Fluent communication in English
- Technical coaching and mentoring skill
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.