Application Support Lead
- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- Deutsche Bank (APAC)
- 06 Sep 16
The job holder will lead the team to provide application production support and maintain a stable application production environment.
1. 10+ years experience in the relevant banking business – Corporate and Investment Banking, Transaction Banking, Global Markets, and Private Wealth Management.
2. Knowledgeable of technical & functional architecture for China banking systems
3. In dept experience in China regulatory systems
4. Proven experience with troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques
5. Strong organisational and planning skills
6. 4-5 years experience in Production support. Relevant skills-set including the following
- Familiarity with Software Implementation Life Cycle
- Resource planning and management
- Ability to work with mostly indirect offshore resources and Local and Global Vendors
- Ability to engage in technical discussion on hardware, software, networking requirements for the application
- Experience in handling SLA (Service Level Agreement), vendor management and KPI reviews
- Experience in working in a CMMI environment
- Focus on Processes, Quality & Efficiency and Deutsche Bank policies
1. Excellent communication skills in both spoken and written English and Chinese
2. Strong customer service and support focus with a desire to deliver a high quality service
3. Self-motivated, highly professional with ability to lead and take ownership.
4. Ability to work independently
5. Good analytical and problem-solving abilities
6. Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
7. Initiative and drive to get quick results
8. Discipline attitude towards controls and risk management
Responsibilities and tasks
Oversees all local and regional applications support
• Report into the Head of COO-CTO China.
• Lead and prioritise the Application Support team’s work load, maintain a highly efficient and effective production environment
• Manage and own the incident and problem management process for all applications used in China.
• To examine potential areas for Service Improvement and raise proposals with the Head of COO-CTO China and BU managers.
• Make sure the team follows the bank’s standard policies and procedures to provide application services (i.e. incident/problem management, change control, security and auditing, code of conduct, etc.).
• Ensure standard monitoring tools are properly deployed to local applications, and system alerts and status reports are reviewed in a timely manner.
• Performance and capacity monitoring for local applications, provide proper remediation plan to address performance and capacity issues.
• Owner of application change management process. Chair China application change control review meeting. Perform quality checking to local change requests and ensure smooth deployment.
• Prepare and conduct training relating to Incident and Problem Management and the appropriate usage of the Support Management Service
• Liaise with IT applications teams : local and regional applications/infrastructure teams to support users for bug fixes, change releases and application releases
• Act as an application support expert for internal and external projects.
• Understand thoroughly the end to end application support process and escalation procedures, become fully conversant with all support tools that will be used to provide effective support in the relevant area (i.e. service operations).
• Manage application handover procedure between application development and production support team, make sure all required documents and system features are ready, and outstanding issues have been closed before handover.
• Produce application service report per local and regional supervisor’s requests.
• Process and Document controls – IT KOP ownership
• Vendor risk and relationship management
• Participate in defining and reviewing Service Level Agreements with vendors
• Responsible for business continuity management and Disaster recovery testing
• Responsible for technology roadmap compliance and application security/control issues remediation.
• Support for Regulatory queries, questionnaire, feedback and regular/ad hoc reporting
• Support for Audit related inspections, reviews and remediation