Head of Technology, Securities Services (China, MNC Bank)
- Guangzhou, Guangdong Sheng, China
- Permanent, Full time
- McGregor Boyall Associates Pte Ltd (Singapore)
- 26 Jun 17
The role requires a very talented performer, capable of providing leadership to 360 staffs and has the ability to build strong Director level relationships with global stakeholders. The jobholder will be the representative of the department, driving the strategies and engineering excellence.
The department has grown significantly over the last 24 months as part of the Transformation program and the incumbent will be accountable for the continued transformation of the Securities IT teams against the our location optimisation strategy and collaborate with peers in IT and the business to ensure the delivery of agreed goals for IT, as well as influence IT strategy to ensure it adheres with the Business strategy.
Principal Accountabilities: key activities and decision making areas
Impact on the Business/Function
- Develops technical strategies to support the growth of the business, allowing for uncertainties and anticipating long term likely outcomes and implications.
- Transparency of IT deliverables and progress are known to all stakeholders.
- Recognise, value and make the most of differences in people and cultures to build a sustainable future.
- Formulate and drive strategy in line with business objectives and takes priority decisions to maximise returns.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Take action and engage resources to create new and innovative solutions to address future customer needs.
- Gather information to deepen insight of internal customers.
- Create an environment which embeds honesty and integrity in all stakeholder relationships.
- Anticipates activity and supports the development of business / function strategies.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Deliver and drive a high performance culture team
- Continue to uplift both technical and business knowledge of the team Guangzhou. More roles and responsibilities are managed by the team in Guangzhou.
- Monitor complex dependencies and respond accordingly to ensure on-going delivery to local and organisational business goals.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Adopt DEVOPS development framework. Reduce production incidents due to software to a very low level.
Management of Risk (Operational Risk / FIM requirements)
The jobholder is responsible for managing and mitigating operational risks in their day to day operations. In executing these responsibilities, the Group has adopted risk management and internal control structure referred to as the 'Three Lines of Defence'. The jobholder should ensure they understand their position within the Three Lines of Defence, and act accordingly in line with operational risk policy, escalating in a timely manner where they are unsure of actions required.
Through the implementation the Global AML, Sanctions and ABC Policies, supporting Guidance, and Line of Business Procedures the jobholder will make informed decisions in accordance with the core principles of the organization's Financial Crime Risk Appetite.
Observation of Internal Controls (Compliance Policy / FIM requirements)
The term 'compliance' embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- Significant IT experience, including a senior management role covering project delivery and business analysis, departmental head or systems development
- Experience setting up governance processes and managing large budgets
- Experience leading a department of over 40 people
- Ability to manage and motivate a large team in different locations
- Ability to think strategically, with the capacity to articulate an IT strategy backed up with an understanding of the benefits it brings to customers
- Effective relationship and stakeholder management skills
- Working knowledge of Securities Services products including one or more of the following: Fund Valuation & Administration, Custody, Corporate Trust and Loan Agency and Transfer Agency.
- Good understanding of front to back flows in Securities Services including trade processing, settlement and accounting
- Familiarity with business analysis, software design, system support, and implementation concepts in financial applications
- Effective planning, project management and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to challenge the status quo and influence stakeholders with differing views to help drive forward strategy
- Ability to operate effectively within a project team and adapt to a quickly changing working environment
- Strategic thinker, comfortable developing future state high-level Business and Technology Architectures
- Experience working in a global, matrix environment with remote development teams
- Highly literate, with the ability to distil complex business concepts into simple language
- Comfortable operating in both agile and waterfall environments (and variations between)
- Self-starter, with a desire to own a problem until successful solution is found
- Willing to travel as required reasonably
Interested candidates kindly send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks.
Registration No.: R1655024 / EA Licence No.: 11S4330
McGregor Boyall Associates Pte Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.
EA Licence No: 11S4330