Associate, Global Banking
- Beijing, Beijing Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of Montreal Asia
- 18 Aug 17
Based in Beijing and reporting to Director, GB (Global Banking) Greater China, Associate of GB is accountable for identifying and delivery of the direct GB products / services to targeted bank clients and exploring business opportunities in areas of investment banking, capital markets, cash management and trade finance. He/she creates a proactive service environment that maximizes productivity and customer service effectiveness. The role is also accountable for collateral security, risk management, AML and the maintenance of internal and external control standards within the authorities given.
Knowledge and Skills
- Fluency in Chinese and English
- Good knowledge of all GB services, processes & procedures, and interrelationships
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of delivery channel and its operation
- Working knowledge of competitive market place and trends in product offerings
- Minimum 2 years relevant banking experience is needed
- Academic background in Finance, Marketing, Economics, Master degree is a plus
- Energetic, pro-active, and team player.
- In-depth knowledge and skill level in computer literacy and software applications such as Excel,
- Word, Outlook and PowerPoint are mandatory
- In-depth Sales & Customer Service orientation skills
1. Client and Relationship Management
- Support to develop comprehensive tactical relationship plans and account strategies
- Maintain high degree of client visibility and responsiveness.
- Identify prospects and opportunities for all LOBs.
- Assist to identify and deliver an appropriate product mix for each client, giving due consideration to the client’s business objectives and financial philosophy as well as their current needs and strategies, offering creative solutions as required.
- Network in the marketplace to maintain an in-depth understanding of the clients, industry and the requirement of each. Additionally, remain current on regulatory matters pertaining to the various regions and respective financial services industries in the portfolio.
- Provide support to participate conferences and other banking events
- Ensure compliance with our AML policies for all clients.
- Other accountabilities include Business Delivery, Operational Effectiveness.
2. Risk Management and Control
- Assist in the process of understanding of bank credit through the explanation of the proposed transactions.
- Assist to ensure asset quality through strictly following through established due diligence procedures and bank policies and philosophies.
- Make sure pricing proposed is on a risk justified basis and demonstrate proper risk return tradeoff.
- Constant update of local regulatory environment that impact the Bank’s business in China.
- Ensure AML high awareness in the marketing team and update AML knowledge to ensure KYC procedure is being strictly followed.
- Safeguard customers’ assets by reviewing sales and service operations on a regular basis and reporting any issues and concerns to next level executive, National Compliance Officer, DGM-Operations or Heads of LOB.
3. Business Delivery and Operational Effectiveness
- Assist to deliver quality products, services and solutions to the region’s GB clients.
- Identify gaps, issues and best practices through monitoring of business performance targets against plans.
- Contribute to the unit’s business objectives by actively engaging in business development activities.
- Ensure customer needs are met or exceeded by resolving complaints in a timely and effective manner.
- Assist to project a professional and consistent image by adhering to organization’s brand, corporate identity and standards.
- Support GB team to communicate with Operations and functional dept for smoothly delivering transactions and new initiatives.
The incumbent is expected to stay familiar with the Bank’s credit policies and culture, as well as various products/services important to our clients, e.g. trade finance, lending, cash management, treasury and capital markets, asset management,etc.