Senior Application Architect
Senior Application ArchitectWestern Union Careers: Work That Makes A Difference
At Western Union, you can build a career doing work that makes a difference! We are disrupting the cross-border money transfer industry by developing new technologies and partnerships. Watch our recruiting video to get introduced to WU, and visit westernunion.com/careers to learn more!
Western Union Business Solutions ('WUBS') is the world's leading foreign exchange and international business payments company. Through its subsidiaries and branches, WUBS operates in the Americas, Asia, Europe, Australia, the Middle East and Africa and the United Kingdom. It offers business-to-business payment and receipt solutions through an intuitive online platform that integrates directly with clients' systems and helps clients manage their currency exposure. The company currently services over 40,000 clients around the world and processes more than $40 billion payments annually to more than 1 million beneficiaries.
Right now we are seeking a Senior Application Architect role in our Vancouver office.
In this role, you will be responsible for helping to define solution architectures which includes evaluation, selection and integration of necessary technical components to create solution designs that support the defined functional and non-functional requirements. You will also collaborate with business executives, technical teams and end-users to successfully develop and implement new applications.
In addition, you will:
- Comprehend documentation of the current and future state application and/or infrastructure architectures for the assigned domain areas.
- Contribute to the development and/or review of future state application architectures in an organized and cohesive manner using industry accepted frameworks.
- Support existing business systems applications.
- Understand and applies architecture principles in the context of a specific solution.
- Promote and contribute to the integration and cohesion of developed or reviewed architecture solutions across the assigned architectural layers.
- Ensure that designed or reviewed solutions conform to architectural requirements such as scalability, maintainability, reliability, extensibility, usability and security.
- Promote innovation and application of emerging IT technologies within the context of a business driven solution.
- Work with teams to understand constraints of hardware when relating to the application
- Ensure adherence to established standards and may consult with senior managers on technology solutions.
- Support existing business systems applications and may be responsible for leading technical aspects of a project.
- Lead Scrum team.
- Six years OO software development/ architecture experience in either Java/J2EE or .Net.
- Experience with distributed system development.
- Experience with event-driven based system development.
- Demonstrated self-starter, with the ability to set the direction when there is little or none.
- Able to work and collaborate in a respectable team environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in multiple software development lifecycle phases, including scope and proposal, analysis, design, and software construction.
- Demonstrated strong logical and technical problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and quickly comprehend new concepts.
- Demonstrated strong judgment and decision-making ability.
- Prior experience working in an Agile development environment (SCRUM, Kanban, XP, etc.)
- Experience in a Test Driven Development environment