Application ArchitectWestern Union Careers: Work That Makes A Difference
At Western Union, you can build a career doing work that makes a difference! We are disrupting the cross-border money transfer industry by developing new technologies and partnerships. Watch our recruiting video to get introduced to WU, and visit westernunion.com/careers to learn more!
Western Union is changing. Yes, we're the company that moves money around the world quickly and reliably in 200 countries and territories. We are also present in over 510,000 locations bringing immense distribution convenience to our consumers. But we're on the cusp of becoming much more than that. Our vision is to be the preferred financial services provider for the underserved - billions of people and businesses with unmet financial service needs. That means aggressively pursuing digital, mobile, ATM/kiosk and stored value card strategies that meet the needs of today's global consumers and businesses. So if you're looking for a company on the move - and truly one of the most diverse work environments on the planet - then Western Union could be for you.
Right now, we are seeking an Application Architect , based at Western Union's offices in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
In this role, you will have the opportunities to work with various partners/teams to develop and support the Western Union Business Solution's data initiatives in order to align our DW/BI suite with our business strategies for both short and long term growth.
In this position, you will:
- Design, test, and implement DW/BI processes, applications and associated components
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues surrounding performance, response times as well as capacity and system limitations
- Create and modify documentation corresponding to deliverables, collaborating with internal business partners, internal technology resources (database, system, and network).
- Ensure data quality, integrity and consistency across organization.
- Collaborate with other architects to ensure deliverables adherence to established standards. Consult with senior managers on technology solutions.
- Six years development/architect experience in data warehouse/business intelligence.
- Advanced to expert level skills in test automations/continuous integration build process.
- Two years' experience as a software architect or working on a software architecture team, providing technical leadership/guidance/mentorship in disparate geographic locations. (direction setting and articulating, consensus building, conflict mediation, diplomacy, etc.)
- Experience with multi-tier system development.
- Experience with Microsoft BI Stack and CruiseControl. Experience working in Agile Scrum teams.
- Experience in different data warehousing strategies.
- Experience in multiple software development lifecycle phases, including scope and proposal, analysis, design, prototyping, and software construction.
- Experience planning and breaking down a task into sub-tasks and estimating effort to perform the work.
- Demonstrated self-starter, with the ability to set the direction when there is little or none.
- Experience facilitating meetings with multiple customers and technical staff
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong logical and technical problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and quickly comprehend new concepts.
- Demonstrated strong judgment and decision-making ability.
The Company will accommodate applicants with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws, upon request. Please contact us to request accommodation