Web Application Developer
- Design and develop technical solutions in the areas of e-learning, m-learning, content management, learner data tracking, Web Services, etc.
- Provide technical expertise in backend design, development and maintenance.
- Take innovative approach to fulfilling the vision of learning technology.
- Play a key role in understanding business needs and proposing solutions that are aligned with overall business objectives.
- Perform/lead architectural and technical design of solutions.
- Assist in scoping, estimating and scheduling of development projects.
- Work with Information Architect, UX Designer, internal IS/IT teams, contractors and vendors to develop, test and deliver solutions.
- Act as a liaison with IS/IT teams for evaluating infrastructure or integration requirements; coordinate and facilitate the implementation process.
- Provide technical guidance, support and consultations to project teams and clients.
- Assess and experiment with new technology.
- Produce documentation including design documents, functional specifications, etc.
Moody's Analytics, a division of Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO), is the world's leading provider of credit analysis and related tools, including quantitative credit risk models, credit analysis software, portfolio management analytics, economic research, financial data, pricing and valuation services, and specialized consulting services. Moody's Analytics also distributes investor-oriented research and data developed by Moody's Investors Service as part of its rating process, including in-depth research on major debt issuers, industry studies, and commentary on topical events. Financial Services Training and Certification is a division of Moody's Analytics. We provide high quality professional training in credit risk analysis, wealth management, securities analysis and capital markets around the world through public seminars, corporate seminars, credentials, certification and e-learning.
Years of Experience
- 5+ years' experience in Web application design and development.
- Strong server-side scripting skills (PHP,server-side JS, Ruby, etc.).
- Strong database query language skills (SQL, PL-SQL etc.).
- Familiar with modern Web application frameworks (e.g. MEAN).
- Practical experience with Web application architectures and backend environment.
- Experience with Web Services desired.
- Experience with e-learning, m-learning, LMS and/or SCORM/AICC/TinCan is an asset.
- Experience with CMS (e.g. Alfresco) is an asset.
- Experience in leading/managing technical projects is an asset.
- Experience with e-learning, m-learning, LMS (Blackboard, Net Dimension) and/or SCORM/AICC/TinCan is an asset.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Strong analytical, communication and consultative skills.
- Strong team player; demonstrated ability to foster positive constructive working relationships.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines in time sensitive situations.
- Good leadership and interpersonal skills. Ability to tell stories, motivate, inspire & influence.
- Strong work ethic; detail-oriented, creative and resourceful.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.