- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Aug 17
Assoc QA Actuary
Location: Toronto, ON, CanadaThe QA Actuary works closely with other actuaries and actuarial students, including actuarial programmers, and may also collaborate with our client support, system design and marketing professionals. Their primary responsibility is to test the accuracy and robustness of basic or intermediate code and new AXIS features being programmed. They may assist in other areas such as development of job specifications.
• Testing various features and bug fixes in AXIS:
- Consult with programmers to determine a formal, documented testing plan to ensure the feature or fix is functioning as expected and matches approved specifications
- Liaise with client support specialists to ensure that testing plan for client jobs will meet client needs
- Perform & sign off prescribed testing of feature in line with the release schedule
- May include developing job-specific data to be used for future testing by the QA team
• Analyze the results of tests of tests that you have performed and provide meaningful reports to the programming team
• Contribute to the continuous improvement of testing tools and processes
• Participate in Interest Groups and Working Groups
• Other duties as assigned
GGY a Moody's Analytics Company is an actuarial software company located in Toronto, Ontario, devoted to developing, maintaining, and supporting GGY AXIS. This is an integrated, full-featured actuarial software product used in Canada, US and around the world.
- ASA or working towards completion of ASA
- At least 1 year of experience in actuarial modeling work in the life and health insurance industry, either at GGY or elsewhere
- Strong interest and aptitude for actuarial modeling work using actuarial software systems
- Strong analytical, technical and diagnostic skills
- Basic understanding of QA processes and methodologies
- Well-organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent record keeping (documentation) ability
- Able to "multi task", i.e. to balance multiple priorities to meet targets
- Good communications skills
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.