Data Protection & Privacy (Senior) Manager
- Zaventem, Flemish Region, Belgium
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Sep 17
Data Protection & Privacy (Senior) Manager - (170000FG)
Deloitte is one of the leading audit and consulting practice in the world, serving public and private enterprises with financial, legal, tax, management, and information technology expertise. As an organization, our greatest assets are our clients and the people that serve them. We consider both to be equally important, because without one, we would not have the other.
Our Risk Advisory practice is a global leader in helping clients manage risk and uncertainty from the boardroom to the network. We are considered by several independent sources to be the leader in privacy & cybersecurity services. A Forrester quote reads: "we found that Deloitte led the pack because of its maniacal customer focus and deep technical expertise."
In a world increasingly dominated by data and technology, and increasing regulatory requirements (eg General Data Protection regulation, Cybersecurity Directive, ePrivacy Directive), a holistic and pragmatic approach to data protection and privacy are key. Deloitte Belgium serves as the EMEA centre of excellence for Information Protection & Privacy, leading our privacy services in Europe and helping its clients to develop a vision and strategy for a risk based data governance model. We assess and advice holistically on the legal and operational risks and, put in place the right mitigation solutions while using new emerging possibilities and tools to their advantage.
You will be part of a truly integrated and internationally leading team of data protection & privacy experts and working hand in hand with specialists in legal & compliance, identity & access management, digital trust, cyber security and Cloud environments.
Within our Risk Advisory practice in Zaventem we are currently looking for an energetic (m/f):
DATA PROTECTION & PRIVACY MANAGER
Did you know our team is the Belgian based EMEA center of excellence for Data Protection & Privacy? Would you like to become part of our dynamic, fast growing and international multi-disciplinary team of data privacy lawyers and data protection specialists? Do you want to join us in providing leading advisory and consulting services in the area of personal data protection and cyber risk to our clients in the EMEA region? Keep on reading because this might be right up your alley!
Why you get out of bed every morning:
As a Data Protection & Privacy Manager you will lead and participate in projects at the following levels:
- Be an active member of the Privacy Management Team and be in charge of client accounts as well as major eminence and knowledge initiatives at local and European level;
- As a leader in our team, you will be expected to provide input into our go to market strategy, product offering and our overall EMEA data protection & privacy strategy; This will entail eg. exploring with the management team new innovative services, tools and strategic alliances;
- Work together with multiple business units throughout the (international) network;
- Offer pragmatic research and analysis related to all aspects of personal data protection (identification and analysis of legal requirements and their related interpretation, cross-border data transfer strategy, data security, privacy by design programs, cloud computing privacy aspects, data protection officer as-a service etc.);
- Translate regulatory requirements in business processes, scenarios and project implementations for our clients;
- Assist in elaborating risk-mitigating and remediation plans for client in the light of legal/regulatory applicable framework;
- Design legal & operational mechanisms to be adopted by client on various aspects of personal data protection (e.g. in relation to privacy notices, Works Councils' assistance, international data transfers, globalization of IT infrastructures, etc.);
- Act as faculty leader in data protection & privacy trainings given to clients or internally and the design of related materials (eg via our European Privacy Academy).
Why we need you:
- As a seasoned data protection & privacy professional you have the necessary knowledge of current best practices combined with out-of-the-box thinking to help our clients addressing the data protection & privacy challenges that are relevant at local and international level;
- You obtained several years of experience in data protection & privacy in a high profile environment, implying experience with complex and/or international organizations;
- Good knowledge and understanding of the latest EU-level and international level data privacy (eg GDPR) & cyber risk developments, actors and trends is mandatory;
- You have a proven track record and ability to lead energetic and multi-disciplinary teams and perform analysis and research work on a variety of data protection & privacy topics and have very strong formal communication, reporting and synthesis skills;
- You have a university degree, preferably in law and/or hands-on experience of 6 to 9 years in data protection & privacy acquired in a law firm, professional services company or through in-house practice.
- You have a good grasp of how technology impacts on privacy, you are result-oriented and pragmatic in your advice.
- You are a team player and have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- You communicate clearly in both drafting and orally. Proactive and with a keen interest in the subject matter of personal data protection, you speak fluently either Dutch or French, and English.
What's in it for you?
- A challenging, innovating and international environment with a great team spirit
- An interesting career track with real growth opportunities. We enjoy to continuously making you better. In your development we will invest (you will do the rest).
- A truly dedicated and integrated data protection & privacy leading team
- Working in our brand new Gateway building at Zaventem Airport, where the paint is still wet
- An attractive and competitive salary package with lots of fringe benefits.