IT Risk Manager, Brussels / Paris
- Brussels, Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium
- Permanent, Full time
- DIRECT SEARCH Belgium
- 28 Sep 16
For a top firm active in Financial Services, we are currently seeking a Risk Manager with the experience in Information Risk, IT Risk, IT Security, IT Governance in the sector of the Banking sector.
One of our client, a key actor in Asset Management, is looking for a Senior Operational Risk Manager to strengthen the team in Brussels.
- You provide new perspectives in term of operational risks and control assessment by working with all the business units of the bank
- You are in charge of analyzing Key Risks Indicators and of reporting the results in term of risks
- You are able to put in lights operational incidents and produce a plan of action aligned with the demands and problems of all business units
- You perform punctual analysis projects on various topics to ensure management of operational risk level on all critical activities, such as the risks, specific to subcontractors and providers but also in terms of the Information Security Management, by establishing policies and reviewing the data & information provided by the IT department
- You maintains the viability of the Business Continuity Plan and bring potential solutions
- You supervise the Disaster Recovery Plan
- You ensure the review of periodical controls on some topics like performance fee calculation, respect of defined principles within the dealing activity, securities lending activity (etc.)
- You are in charge of organizing the Operational Risk Committee
- You are able to provide new ideas to keep the operational risk management device as its best
- A Master degree in Finance or equivalent
- At least 5 years of experience within the asset management or the banking sector, ideally as auditor, operational risk manager or equivalent,
- Knowledge on financial instruments and on how a financial institution is working
- A strong interest for IT
- A critical eye on the practical working of the different business units and you are able to understand business issues/requirement
- A strong attention to details
- An excellent communication and outstanding negotiation skills.
- Team playing skills and easy adaption to a multicultural environment.
- A creative and solution-oriented mind
- You are proficient in MS Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel); knowledge of VBA programming and/or Access is a plus
- You are fluent in French with very good command of English; Knowledge of Dutch is a plus
What we offer
- A long-term contract with a very attractive extralegal package
- A high position in a strong and open-minded company
- The opportunity to grow and evolve within an exciting and rewarding company
Your contact at Direct Search
- Mr. Wei-Feng Tram