Trading Systems Application Support (Sydney)
- Competitive Salary and discretionary bonus
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Eclipse Trading
- 23 Sep 16
Our Application Support team comprises of some of the best people in this field. They play an exceptionally vital role in ensuring the in-house built, low-latency trading systems are performing optimally. By joining us today, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, yet highly professional team responsible for the support of our trading systems. The team supports the Australian market. If you have an analytical mind, are a strong believer in a proactive approach to applications support, and find fulfillment in troubleshooting mission critical systems in a fast-paced trading floor environment - then we want YOU! Join us today.
Technology is at the heart of our business.
For our growing team in Sydney, we are now actively hiring for a Trading Systems Application Support.
If you have an analytical mind, are a strong believer in a proactive approach to applications support, and find fulfillment in troubleshooting mission critical systems in a fast-paced trading floor environment - then we want YOU! Join us today.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage and support of the in-house developed, critical trading applications within a distributed multi-server environment
- Engage actively with traders on a daily basis and provide speedy support
- Collaborate closely with the Desktop, Network, and Development teams to maintain optimal performance of the trading system
- Develop scripts and other tools to support our trading systems operations as required
- Play an indispensible part in your team’s continual growth and results
What you offer
- University Degree in Computer Science or related disciplines
- 2-3 years of prior experience in application support
- Solid experience in Scripting, including but not limited to: PERL, PHP, Java, Python, SQL
- Excellent technical troubleshooting, problem solving skills with an in-depth understanding of System Infrastructure
- Strong Linux skills in a production environment (Redhat/ Fedora/ CentOS preferred)
- Front Office support experience in i-banks, proprietary trading firms, finance, equities industries is an advantage
- Exposure to market data services such as: Reuters, Bloomberg is an advantage
- Proactive, highly motivated, team spirit, forward thinking
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills in both spoken and written English is a key to success
What we offer
- Young and casual work environment, but still results driven
- Life/ work balance, in a multi-cultural environment with reasonable work hours
- Fast growing company, encouraging the exploration of new technologies and ideas
- Flat management structure, where everyone is encouraged to voice his/her opinion
- Constructive feedback will be given, and your feedback is encouraged
- Hands-on experience in the most exciting part of the financial industry
- Competitive salary, depending on experience
- The successful candidate will be part of the team covering the Australian market.
*If you have prior experience with Open source projects, please provide the links if possible as they will be taken into consideration.
If you want to work in a fast paced and proactive working environment, allowing you to be highly visible and rewarded on your results, then joining us will be a positive change in your career.
Please send us your resume (in PDF or S Word format) and your cover letter, including your availability, previous and expected salary via the below link:
All information provided will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes
For further information, please visit our website: http://www.eclipseoptions.com